Cloudland vs the longhorns

THE KING

2 hours ago, Horn3 said:

Coacht message boards are great material for players to get motivated and all of you guys trash talking,  jc will not cross the los,  m r in second half, will you guys do that for us every week

I looked back through the thread and didn't see any trash talking.  I saw a lot of opinions on how the game would go but no bashing.  There is a difference.  I think Harley just likes to have fun.  He don't mean nothing by it.  I hope you guys hold on to that coach.  He has a good relationship with those players.  I stood on the fence behind them and those guys were very motivating.  I can see how mtn city has been winning a lot of games.  They don't have an explosive offense but they make up for it by not making any mistakes and they are lights out on D.  I thought for the most part, the refs called a good game.  The 2 personal foul calls were questionable.  I'm talking about the one against us near the five yard line where the boy ran into the fence and the one against JC where they shoved our player out of bounds.  But overall, we have to own the other penalties.  The facemasks, the holding, the false starts.  We've got to clean this mess up.  We had a similar game against HV and we were lucky to win.  The stats were unbelievably lopsided in that game as well.  I think what really could have changed the momentum was in the 3rd quarter where we stopped jc on their opening drive.  Then we turn around and get in the shotgun and run our qb up the gut.  I swear on my life, I despise that play.  We should have taken the ball behind that line and Josh Blair and ran the ball down the field.  Even if we don't score,  we don't give JC a short field where they finally do score.  That's why I'm criticizing the play calling.  We played on our heels the rest of the quarter

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

we had 4 turnovers 2nd game Oneida same result. I predict Alcoa mercy rules in State championship game.:mrgreen:

Greenback wasnt even that good of a team and then  alcoa number  2 running back transfers over there and they might mercy rule state championship team

11 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I looked back through the thread and didn't see any trash talking.  I saw a lot of opinions on how the game would go but no bashing.  There is a difference.  I think Harley just likes to have fun.  He don't mean nothing by it.  I hope you guys hold on to that coach.  He has a good relationship with those players.  I stood on the fence behind them and those guys were very motivating.  I can see how mtn city has been winning a lot of games.  They don't have an explosive offense but they make up for it by not making any mistakes and they are lights out on D.  I thought for the most part, the refs called a good game.  The 2 personal foul calls were questionable.  I'm talking about the one against us near the five yard line where the boy ran into the fence and the one against JC where they shoved our player out of bounds.  But overall, we have to own the other penalties.  The facemasks, the holding, the false starts.  We've got to clean this mess up.  We had a similar game against HV and we were lucky to win.  The stats were unbelievably lopsided in that game as well.  I think what really could have changed the momentum was in the 3rd quarter where we stopped jc on their opening drive.  Then we turn around and get in the shotgun and run our qb up the gut.  I swear on my life, I despise that play.  We should have taken the ball behind that line and Josh Blair and ran the ball down the field.  Even if we don't score,  we don't give JC a short field where they finally do score.  That's why I'm criticizing the play calling.  We played on our heels the rest of the quarter

Jc got a stupid flag on that one int. That would have put us on the five.  But it was the correct call.  And lane should scored on that kickoff.  Chs does have a excellent defense but what hurt both teams is playing a really weak team before this one and fall break

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You must have stayed up too late celebrating and suckin the bottom out that stump wiskey jar!

Horn1 probably lives on Copperhead Road.:D

I did hear through the grapevine that Greenback wasn’t their usual self.

So...maybe one more touchdown allowed or one less scored.  

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

We had some studs in the backfield and still made a living in '13 thru '16 running the QB outta shotgun. I personally love the keeper plays if theres a line to block and QB with the footwork to do it.

Am I correct to believe that the QB keeper plays were called late in the game when the D would be tired and could be taken advantage of?? If the line isnt blocking for that, could they have blocked for anyone?