Class 1A & Class 2A Mr. Football Nominations

CoachT

25 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Probably so but that’s what I found. Probably not accurate 

I go through this every week when preparing my show.   The amount of programs that don't get their kids stats out there online is AMAZING!   I also have a Mr. Football vote, but I use word of mouth as much as anything as a determining factor since I speak to so many Coaches and fans each year.   The Stats are either unavailable or only reflect 1/2 of a football game in many instances.  

I'm not gonna reward a 3-7 team's player who racked up a ton of 4th quarter stats against the other teams two's while dominant team like Whitwell or Cornersville has kids sit out the second half.  

I really feel the TSSAA should create a committee of media involved STATEWIDE to determine these awards and have no bias to any particular area.   Just my two cents.

Edited by FridayMainEvent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Heath Price from Watertown is the MVP of Region 4-2A, he should be a finalist, just to throw names out there though, Dyson Satterfield @ Trousdale County has over 1000 yards averaging 7+ Ypc with 8/9 TDs, he is a Senior, before this year he had not scored a high school touchdown rushing. Having a great Sr. Season for a 5'8 155 lb RB. Another name would be JR. Tavarius Claiborne (JUICY) 6'2, 230 to put it simple he is everywhere, one of the best LBs we have had here at TC and we have had some good ones. Coach Waggoner believes he is the best LB in the state in 2A! I haven't seen what all is out there but I would 2nd this opinion. Last year lead team tackling as a Sophomore, with 110+, well on his way to another 100 tackle season.  

On 10/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, @38320 said:

Aaron Swafford - Meigs Co.            His team record with him at quarterback speaks for itself. 

https://iis.timesfreepress.com/myaccount/PrepStats/stats/player.aspx?player=18250&sport=football

30-3 record as a starting qb since a freshman. Plays mostly 1/2 a game every game or stats would be silly can click on the rush, pass, return, defensive icons in the link for full stats. Mind you Meigs is a run team he shares touches with 4 other backs and one back who averages 13.3 yards a carry. Basically something good happens when he touches the ball.

I know his name was thrown out there. I'm just backing it with stats. 

The 13.3 yards a carry person is Martin Smith. Was out due to an injury first four games of the season that was sustained in a scrimmage. Although he is also deserving as far as skill level / talent alone I didn't mention him due to his absence. His stats are normally for 2 quarters of a game as well and as stated shares touches with 3 other backs and also seldomly qb. 

https://iis.timesfreepress.com/myaccount/PrepStats/stats/player.aspx?player=18270&sport=football

Thought at least I'd give him the recognition he deserves.

Edited by Imthayeti

21 minutes ago, TN225 said:

Some stats from the Chattanooga Times this morning.

Warner Ashworth 51-71 979 11 TD 1 INT

Aaron Swafford 42-72 959 11 TD 1 INT 96 points scored

Josh Wingo 85 carries 874 9 TD

Hudson Petty 70 solo 34 assists  87 points scored

Aarons stats are 90% in 2 quarters of play. His stats would be double or triple if he played 4 quarters like most other of these players.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Aarons stats are 90% in 2 quarters of play. His stats would be double or triple if he played 4 quarters like most other of these players.

the only games that Petty, Wingo, and Ashworth has played important 2nd half minutes is vs TC and SP.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic