CoachT

22 hours ago, payner410 said:

Scott Payne K/P Signal Mountain.

Offered a PWO at Tennessee Tech also being recruited by Austin Peay and EKU

2018 Stats

Kick Offs 35 Touchbacks 26 Long of 75 yards several times

FG's 2 of 3 Long of 37 Yards

PATs 21 of 24 

Punts 26 for a 40.7 ave Long of 50 and 16 inside the 20.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7991876/5bb579804decbb061c719e3b

2017 stats

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7991876/59b7d0f70c5da405dc80be99

2016 stats

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7991876/57de30b55caa581e5c4a50e8

Kicker is tough with only one for all classifications.  Chandler Caughron at ECS, Noah Grant at BCS both out of Memphis, Connor Wood at Lexington in  West TN, Garrett Taylor with Oakland in Middle TN.  There's a lot of good kickers out there with with D1 talent

46 minutes ago, tigerpride22 said:

Kicker is tough with only one for all classifications.  Chandler Caughron at ECS, Noah Grant at BCS both out of Memphis, Connor Wood at Lexington in  West TN, Garrett Taylor with Oakland in Middle TN.  There's a lot of good kickers out there with with D1 talent

Yep! We know them all!!! Scott has been to numerous camps with all of them and has beat them out at several camps as well as they beat Scott. We respect every one of them! But you don't know until their Numbers come out. They are all Products of James Wilhoit!!!! To me the best kicking coach in the country!!!

Edited by payner410
edit
  • Like 1

Stone Memorial quarterback Thomas Arnold has the numbers to be a finalist in Class 4A (Cade Ballard obviously has the award in the bag and Stanton Martin will be a finalist too).

Arnold has 32 total touchdowns (16, rushing, 15 passing, 1 Pick-6) , 1,054 passing yards and 1,111 rushing yards. Panthers are 7-1 and #10 in the state.

• Upvote 1

I want to mention Marcus Hayes of Covington. This sophomore running back only got to start after our senior running back was injured. Through 8 games, he has the following stats:

rushing 101 carries for 1308 yards (13 yd/carry) and 16 rushing TD's

kickoff returns (teams now avoid kicking to him):

8 returns for 426 yards (53.2 yd avg) with 2 TD's

Stats courtesy of shelbymetrosports website.

These are eye-popping stats for a guy who started the year on the bench. I know that seniors usually win this award, but this player is special.

6 minutes ago, Devilsx4 said:

Cade Ballard 25TDs 0 ints 17 incompletions not even close averages 5-6 possessions a game 

That was his stats before last weeks game.

Here is a Crazy Stat.  Cade Ballard has only 18 incomplete passes so far this year to 29 TD and 0 INT's and 2,125 passing yards.  I don't know what the state record is for Completion % in a year but Ballard should be close or have broken it.  He is 104 for 122 passing with a Completion % of 85%

• CoachT locked this topic