AAA tournament/results

clifford20

After watching all 3 matches so far, I have to say that I am a bit underwhelmed.   DB looked ok and Cookeville beat Collierville 3-0.   Hard to know much about Cookeville, however I feel they and DB looked similar.   At this point, Brentwood will beat all these teams in 3--easily.  Waiting to see what Siegel match looks like.  It is impressive to see a team like Cookeville, who doesn't have access to a high level club, play solid volleyball.   They are well coached.  

Hoping for a really competitive final 4, and championship--but my hopes are waning. 

Edited by clifford20

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Siegel can take a set but will be hard to take 3 sets. I never had high hopes for SC as I knew their Pin hitters struggle to serve receive. Everyone serves at their big hitter and she cannot receive.  I cannot beleive they beat Ravenwood.  I want them to win, don’t get me wrong, just didn’t think they’d be able to stay in system.  

Yep, heartbreaker for DB being up 2 and then losing 3 in a row including that wide margin in set 5! That was the 2nd game of the day where someone came from 2 down to win (Loretto vs Watertown the other)

siegel stole a set from Brentwood earlier today, but every other set was way out of reach. I don't see any reason why Brentwood does anything but win in 3 tomorrow.

Siegel rode the wave of emotion in the first set to a victory.  Brentwoods composure was on full display, not a bit in panic in the girls.  They rolled up their sleeves and went to work after the first set.  Siegel might steal the first set again today but in the end I feel like the 6peat will happen.  Go Bruins.

25 minutes ago, clifford20 said:

I agree, but I hope so much that it's a good match.  Would love to see another program win a championship.  Brentwood is better in every position.

This year is probably not the year for a different team.  Brentwood looses a 4 year setter and 4 year bro this year and no seniors next year so you could get your wish a year from now.