"A" Regionals

AlcoaDad

22 hours ago, tarp said:

Don't bet the house catfish..... SM has a day to rest after tonight's rematch of last year's championship game.  

Hats off to Signal Mountain. Our game with them, if you did not have a team would gave been great to watch. It was end to end soccer all game. Formation changes, positions changes all on the fly from both teams. Quality soccer. Lots of heart, lots of guts on the field. I wont give a pick, both teams are quality and well coached. "A" is a really fun Division to play in. I am so glad they did this. 

:motorbike:

1 hour ago, AlcoaDad said:

Hats off to Signal Mountain. Our game with them, if you did not have a team would gave been great to watch. It was end to end soccer all game. Formation changes, positions changes all on the fly from both teams. Quality soccer. Lots of heart, lots of guts on the field. I wont give a pick, both teams are quality and well coached. "A" is a really fun Division to play in. I am so glad they did this. 

Thanks AC, was a good game.  CCS just lost to CPA in 2nd round of PK's.  Close finals across the board.  GPS won a close game in D2-AA over Father Ryan.  Games are closely contested in the semi's and moving forward.  While this format allows some West TN schools to get beaten badly in the first round, they'll learn to build programs.  If not, hopefully TSSAA will go to a more regional format.  CSAS from our district would've killed Westview or McKensie.... I'm sure that's true of many regions and districts.  

(With cudo's to Booger......just sayin'')

On 10/26/2018 at 8:51 PM, AlcoaDad said:

Does your team notice the difference in field width when away from the home pitch at AES. Our field has some "ground rules" also, like running down hill for a corner kick. 

On October 29, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Red Rebels said:

Does your team notice the difference in field width when away from the home pitch at AES. Our field has some "ground rules" also, like running down hill for a corner kick. 

I've hated the slope of the fields at Siegel since forever.  As a coach, Do you go up hill first half or 2nd half?  How many shots would be on frame on a level field when you're going downhill?

• Like 1

We have a slope around 1/2 our field. On any corner kick on the fan side of the field, you get to run down the bank and kick it. It's an advantage to our team, because they are used to it, and use the hill. Some visitors alter their normal shot and try and short step it. Our field is level though, just the bank on one side and one end.

13 hours ago, tarp said:

I've hated the slope of the fields at Siegel since forever.  As a coach, Do you go up hill first half or 2nd half?  How many shots would be on frame on a level field when you're going downhill?

Field 3 is one of the worst.  

It makes a huge difference.