Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
AlcoaDad

"A" Regionals

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

she was given a yellow card twice and continued to play. The game was so rough that they couldn't keep track of who got what.

Sounds like the refs we're way in over there heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Catfish03 said:

Merrol Hyde to play Signal Mt. in the finals with Merrol Hyde winning it all.

Don't bet the house catfish..... SM has a day to rest after tonight's rematch of last year's championship game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, reaction said:

Sounds like the refs we're way in over there heads.

Yea they acted like girls if somebody talked back to them. some of the worst officiating I have seen in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tarp said:

Don't bet the house catfish..... SM has a day to rest after tonight's rematch of last year's championship game.  

Hats off to Signal Mountain. Our game with them, if you did not have a team would gave been great to watch. It was end to end soccer all game. Formation changes, positions changes all on the fly from both teams. Quality soccer. Lots of heart, lots of guts on the field. I wont give a pick, both teams are quality and well coached. "A" is a really fun Division to play in. I am so glad they did this. 

:motorbike:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlcoaDad said:

Hats off to Signal Mountain. Our game with them, if you did not have a team would gave been great to watch. It was end to end soccer all game. Formation changes, positions changes all on the fly from both teams. Quality soccer. Lots of heart, lots of guts on the field. I wont give a pick, both teams are quality and well coached. "A" is a really fun Division to play in. I am so glad they did this. 

:motorbike:

Thanks AC, was a good game.  CCS just lost to CPA in 2nd round of PK's.  Close finals across the board.  GPS won a close game in D2-AA over Father Ryan.  Games are closely contested in the semi's and moving forward.  While this format allows some West TN schools to get beaten badly in the first round, they'll learn to build programs.  If not, hopefully TSSAA will go to a more regional format.  CSAS from our district would've killed Westview or McKensie.... I'm sure that's true of many regions and districts.  

(With cudo's to Booger......just sayin'')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merrol Hyde game was close too.  Well and hard played.  Congrats to Signal for being the first public school from Chattanooga to win a girl's state title.  And with all home grown girls...we are not an open enrollment school.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 8:51 PM, AlcoaDad said:

Hats off to Signal Mountain. Our game with them, if you did not have a team would gave been great to watch. It was end to end soccer all game. Formation changes, positions changes all on the fly from both teams. Quality soccer. Lots of heart, lots of guts on the field. I wont give a pick, both teams are quality and well coached. "A" is a really fun Division to play in. I am so glad they did this. 

:motorbike:

Does your team notice the difference in field width when away from the home pitch at AES. Our field has some "ground rules" also, like running down hill for a corner kick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 29, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Red Rebels said:

Does your team notice the difference in field width when away from the home pitch at AES. Our field has some "ground rules" also, like running down hill for a corner kick. 

I've hated the slope of the fields at Siegel since forever.  As a coach, Do you go up hill first half or 2nd half?  How many shots would be on frame on a level field when you're going downhill?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a slope around 1/2 our field. On any corner kick on the fan side of the field, you get to run down the bank and kick it. It's an advantage to our team, because they are used to it, and use the hill. Some visitors alter their normal shot and try and short step it. Our field is level though, just the bank on one side and one end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tarp said:

I've hated the slope of the fields at Siegel since forever.  As a coach, Do you go up hill first half or 2nd half?  How many shots would be on frame on a level field when you're going downhill?

Field 3 is one of the worst.  

It makes a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...