Coffee County Soccer

BamaBoy32

11 hours ago, BamaBoy32 said:

Just curious as to why Coffee Co who finished runner up in their district didnt go play the winner of the Oakland/Stewarts Creek game last night? I thought that the top 2 teams from each district moved to regionals. 

I see what you are saying. I looked on twitter and googled but couldn't find an answer. One article I found said they would travel to play Oakland, but twitter has Lincoln Co. losing to Oakland.

https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/school/oakland/oakland-soccer-knocks-off-stewarts-creek-captures-district--aaa/article_b46c6128-ce5b-11e8-b809-6bacd0969132.html

"Oakland will play Coffee County on Tuesday in the region tournament semifinal, while Stewarts Creek will play Columbia Central, also on Tuesday."

Follow Michael Gallagher on twitter @mpatrickg5

Edited by Red Rebels

16 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I think someone has entered the results into Coach T incorrectly as to what stage it was in the District.

See I thought that the district tournament champion and runner up moved on to the regional tournament. Lincoln Co. won the district regular season title, but was put out by Columbia as the article above says in the district tournament. Columbia then went on to beat Coffee Co. in the district tournament championship game. Never heard of the district tournament champion and regular season champion moving on to regionals in anything. 

14 hours ago, cobra8474 said:

Some Districts have voted that the team winning the regular season has an automatic bid to the Region Semis.  I think this is the case for Lincoln Co.

That's what I heard too yesterday after the discussion was posted. Still kind of sucks to finish runner up in your tournament and not get to move on though. Glad they don't do that in basketball... LOL!

As Cobra touched on, the District 8 coaches chose to award the regular season champion an automatic bid to Region play in the event they did not advance to the district tournament final.

The tournament champion advances to Region play as the District 8 champion. The District 8 runner up is EITHER the regular season champion or, if the regular season champion also won the tournament championship, the tournament runner up.