Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

What went wrong? The answer is easy. Have a look at DB football with Darrell Watson and have a look at DB football without Darrell Watson. Talk with the players that were coached by him as well as some of the coaches that coached with him. Have a look at the stats with Darrell Watson and again without him. He was the chief motivator. He had probably the worst defensive backs coach in the state coaching along side him but was still able to shut teams down.   He made Graham Clark.  And Clark took all the credit. You could say Watson was one of the "good ole boys", but what separated him from the others was that he could coach. Joey Christian is one of the best line coaches in the state. We will never know if he is a good head coach because he's surrounded by assistant coaches that have no business coaching at the high school level. 

I'll say without question ,coach Watson was one of my favorite coaches as well as one of my family's favorite coaches.I liked him as a person and appreciate the things he said about me as a parent to several people including one of my son's.I wish things could have been better for coach in so many ways because he was much more then a good coach,he was a great man .

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Oh...................so many straight lines and so little typing strength............

WaCo does the current HC have enough integrity to resign so another can be hired?  This is especially so in time to hire another staff from some good coaches at other places.

Ha,I had read so much about Hillary Clinton that I was thinking when you said HC.No ! she doesn't have enough integrity to just quit.I seriously think DB wouldn't gain anything to hire another head coach if he doesn't have complete control of the program.I don't know and someone can set me straight but I bet coach Christian couldn't pick and choose his staff 100% today.I guarantee someone's little Johnny would not be unemployed to bring in whatever coach Christian wanted to change from one or two right up to clean house if he wanted.I don't or will I ever have a dog in that race but I know one or two things I would do today if it were me.Your going to need an Adam Sandler type of guy from from remake  of "The longest yard".Not a player but A coach that can get the talent walking the halls that everyone says is gone,to come and play again.A coach like coach Watson that the kids love and has a great defensive mind.A strength and conditioning program that you see everyone on the team and not just a few every year or two that are studs.Do that and with most of the staff you have,I bet you see a huge turnaround in the next couple years. 

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Ha,I had read so much about Hillary Clinton that I was thinking when you said HC.No ! she doesn't have enough integrity to just quit.I seriously think DB wouldn't gain anything to hire another head coach if he doesn't have complete control of the program.I don't know and someone can set me straight but I bet coach Christian couldn't pick and choose his staff 100% today.I guarantee someone's little Johnny would not be unemployed to bring in whatever coach Christian wanted to change from one or two right up to clean house if he wanted.I don't or will I ever have a dog in that race but I know one or two things I would do today if it were me.Your going to need an Adam Sandler type of guy from from remake  of "The longest yard".Not a player but A coach that can get the talent walking the halls that everyone says is gone,to come and play again.A coach like coach Watson that the kids love and has a great defensive mind.A strength and conditioning program that you see everyone on the team and not just a few every year or two that are studs.Do that and with most of the staff you have,I bet you see a huge turnaround in the next couple years. 

Db is the winnest football team in the state or aleast was.  The coach needs to stay focused and keep working.  It takes time for a new coach.  Johnson county it took the third year before we started winning with our new coach.  Players have to buy in and hc stay positive and fans give him time.  A strength and conditioning class would help speed the process.  Spending money helps as well.  Db should be winning gold balls and thats something the last coach, the legend, couldnt do

9 minutes ago, Horn3 said:

Db is the winnest football team in the state or aleast was.  The coach needs to stay focused and keep working.  It takes time for a new coach.  Johnson county it took the third year before we started winning with our new coach.  Players have to buy in and hc stay positive and fans give him time.  A strength and conditioning class would help speed the process.  Spending money helps as well.  Db should be winning gold balls and thats something the last coach, the legend, couldnt do

D-B used to be the "winningest" team in the state, yet their playoff record is 30-34. Their regular season win total is a product of being a big fish in an extremely small pond. Could they be better? Certainly, as right now it's a pretty sad state of affairs. D-B should be winning gold balls? Right now something like reaching a state semifinal is a pipe dream, let alone winning a gold ball.

Edited by JDHoss

6 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

D-B used to be the "winningest" team in the state, yet their playoff record is 30-34. Their regular season win total is a product of being a big fish in an extremely small pond. Could they be better? Certainly, as right now it's a pretty sad state of affairs. D-B should be winning gold balls? Right now something like reaching a state semifinal is a pipe dream, let alone winning a gold ball.

I've debunked that "big fish in a small pond" saying about 100 times here on CoachT. I'm almost tired of proving you guys wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Horn3 said:

Sorry to be so direct, but you don't know anything the situation at DB.

6 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Oh...................so many straight lines and so little typing strength............

WaCo does the current HC have enough integrity to resign so another can be hired?  This is especially so in time to hire another staff from some good coaches at other places.

Christian has integrity. He's a really nice guy, the players all like him as far as I know. He's one of the best line coaches in the state if not "the best". We will never know if he is head coach material because he is surrounded by below average assistant coaches. There will be no change in the coaching staff. Those "powers that be" will tell us that Coach Christian deserves a chance to turn things around. Yet most of the assistants on the staff couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag.  This "good ole boy" system they have set up is solid, top to bottom. We're screwed until they all die of old age. I suppose football will be illegal by the time this gets fixed.