Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

21 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll also add that there is not one single person that could possibly have any control of "Eastman money" that gives a flying flip about DB sports, football or any other sport. If that were the case you'd see DB winning state championships at the rate Maryville has been. DB sports is controlled by the "downtown crowd" (blue hairs) and the "good ole boys club"

NOT SO FAST

KARIYA (Japan) ― DENSO, one of the world’s largest automotive technology, systems and components suppliers, is expanding its U.S. footprint with a $1 billion investment in its Maryville, Tennessee location. The investment is part of DENSO’s commitment to advancing automotive innovation in North America, and will significantly increase the role North America plays in the global trend toward vehicle safety and electrification.

DENSO will create more than 1,000 jobs in Maryville, Tennessee to make it a primary manufacturing center in North America for electrification and safety systems. Globally, DENSO is a leading developer of electrification systems for environmentally-friendly automobiles, sophisticated functions involved in vehicle safety and security, and new services that connect vehicles and society. These systems will play a crucial role in meeting increasing electric vehicle demand.

Edited by Red Rebels

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

NOT SO FAST

KARIYA (Japan) ― DENSO, one of the world’s largest automotive technology, systems and components suppliers, is expanding its U.S. footprint with a $1 billion investment in its Maryville, Tennessee location. The investment is part of DENSO’s commitment to advancing automotive innovation in North America, and will significantly increase the role North America plays in the global trend toward vehicle safety and electrification.

DENSO will create more than 1,000 jobs in Maryville, Tennessee to make it a primary manufacturing center in North America for electrification and safety systems. Globally, DENSO is a leading developer of electrification systems for environmentally-friendly automobiles, sophisticated functions involved in vehicle safety and security, and new services that connect vehicles and society. These systems will play a crucial role in meeting increasing electric vehicle demand.

RR hit cain knott bee ovurstaited how much we's inn Mairvul haiv dunn fer lectrickissittee and lectrick cars.......My cuzzin' Homemur haz ben werkin' on sum knew hi-beems, lo-beems and fawg lites fer hiz car....:popcorneater:

Image result for redneck electric car

Edited by STARSNBARS

On 1/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

lol, Everybody calm down. You do know that all this started by somebody saying they knew somebody that heard somebody else say it "could be" in the works. It doesn't get any weaker than that. I'll also add that there is not one single person that could possibly have any control of "Eastman money" that gives a flying flip about DB sports, football or any other sport. If that were the case you'd see DB winning state championships at the rate Maryville has been. DB sports is controlled by the "downtown crowd" (blue hairs) and the "good ole boys club" They have it locked down tight and no outsider is coming in to upset the setup. Clark ran the program all the way into the ground. I think Christian is actually a better coach than Clark even in his first year. But he is surrounded by a bunch of cardboard cut outs. DB football is dead and buried.

Eastman gives millions to the locals and helps in many different areas, including DB (the school).However,I 100% agree about Eastman and the DB sports program.Maybe back before the playoff system and a different breed of animal was in control of both DB sports and Eastman ,but those are just unconfirmed rumors ,like another one I heard before moving to Kingsport.I heard if you worked for Eastman,the local police wouldn't even stop you no matter what you done.Well,I can 100% confirm that is horseshet.

• Like 1

****LMAO**** @ the notion that anyone at the Big E would be in a position of funneling any money to D-B (or any other school) for a football coach.  If it were 40 or more years ago, I might agree, but this isn't your papaw's, your dad's or the Big E that I retired from a few years ago. Other than the help that the local community charities and organizations receive, anyone trying to funnel extra money for a football coach would be fired on the spot. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 9:54 AM, Appvol said:

Just saw where a big TE is transferring to Christ School in Asheville and he is reclassifying as a JR.

This is true. It will hurt DB both in football and basketball.  I can't place blame on a kid though for trying to better his college recruiting resume.  He's been a great role model to young children in the city of Kingsport.  I hate to see him go, but I also wish him all the luck in the world moving forward.

When was the last time DB had back to back losing seasons?   I'm thinking it has never happened, but one of you hardcore statistics buffs might remember something.    Last year's 4-6 record was a disappointment, but the probability of having a losing season in 2019 is almost zero.   Looking at the schedule, there are 4 guaranteed slam-dunk wins:  Tenn High, Boone, Jeff Co, and Mo West.  All the Tribe has to do is pull out a couple more and presto, back to a winning season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

When was the last time DB had back to back losing seasons?   I'm thinking it has never happened, but one of you hardcore statistics buffs might remember something.    Last year's 4-6 record was a disappointment, but the probability of having a losing season in 2019 is almost zero.   Looking at the schedule, there are 4 guaranteed slam-dunk wins:  Tenn High, Boone, Jeff Co, and Mo West.  All the Tribe has to do is pull out a couple more and presto, back to a winning season.

I'm not so certain that Tennessee High is an easy win.  The other three, I would agree with you though.

22 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

This is true. It will hurt DB both in football and basketball.  I can't place blame on a kid though for trying to better his college recruiting resume.  He's been a great role model to young children in the city of Kingsport.  I hate to see him go, but I also wish him all the luck in the world moving forward.

With Heath Shuler son Navy Shuler being the QB at Christ School he could have a big year. Navy threw for 4,000 yards last year.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, SWVAHavokFan said:

I'm not so certain that Tennessee High is an easy win.  The other three, I would agree with you though.

You think the Vikings are going to be pretty good?   I just can't see them hanging with DB for 4 quarters.  I'm hoping we can get past them and get a shot at the playoffs.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:10 AM, blazer1set said:

Never. They have had .500 season next to a sub .500 season on two occasions:

1950          2-8          1951          5-5

2015          4-7          2016          6-6