Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We have to remember that ALL coaches in every sport and every level have some bone-headed games under their belt.   I think the DB fans are most upset (and rightly so)  over having good 10-0 teams during the season and then going all conservative during playoff games.   In other words, playing not to lose rather than playing to win.  Perhaps with coach Christian this trend will reverse itself, that has yet to be seen.

I'm waiting on the reply from WaCoJaCo.

:popcorneater:

Edited by Red Rebels

20 hours ago, catswild said:

I've got to ask...what was the situation and the play call?

I'll have to let Waco pick any one particular play but I'd say he might be talking about the play at the end of the game .If I remember correctly,DB was trying to run clock with the punter.By then,I was just sick .There was such an obvious advantage for DB at the start of the game,that anyone there thought it would be a 40 or 50 point win.Just like playing a local school that is having a down year.Maybe,just maybe it not only was conservative play but back to what I have preached on for years.

Edited by BatmanDevil

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, catswild said:

I've got to ask...what was the situation and the play call?

I think it was DB taking a deliberate safety with 30 seconds left in the game.   But someone who saw the game might have a different view.   This newspaper article does not mention any bad coaching by DB, so its hard to tell for sure.

http://www.dailypostathenian.com/article_7d324527-2a04-5c9e-a04c-6c5d34d4cceb.html

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I think it was DB taking a deliberate safety with 30 seconds left in the game.   But someone who saw the game might have a different view.   This newspaper article does not mention any bad coaching by DB, so its hard to tell for sure.

http://www.dailypostathenian.com/article_7d324527-2a04-5c9e-a04c-6c5d34d4cceb.html

On second thought.None of it matters now.It's time to just let it go.Image result for forest gump,im tired

Edited by BatmanDevil

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

According to this Greeneville fan, DB looks pretty decent except for the defensive secondary

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/257283-greeneville-vs-dobbins-bennett-spring-scrimmage/

It took watching a few Maryville scrimmages to understand all coaches don't scrimmage for glory.I never get to high and try not to get very low by watching a spring or fall scrimmage.They should be used to see what all your players are capable of doing and give everyone a fair shot at playing time  during the season.I didn't go but guarantee you there were some hard hits when Greeneville and DB got on the field.I'll never forget coming to Kingsport and we watched about fifty DB players walk past the bus and we all said," man they are not that big" but have a lot of players.Then about fifty more monsters walked past us.We beat DB like a drum that day on the scrimmage field .DB had a pretty nice season that year and when the smoke cleared,we won two games.A lot of things can change with injuries,depth and just the game of football.I hope the Tribe has a great season and I'm one of the few Greeneville boys that have ever said that  before playoff time.I think most local fans pull for everyone to do good when the playoffs get here.That said,I know a lot of Greene county folks hate Greeneville and a lot of people in all of NET hate DB.

23 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The "play" that DB ran at the end was one of Clarks cute trick plays. All of Clarks cute trick plays are copied from someone else. All except this one. Because nobody else would be stupid enough or stoop low enough to run a play like that.  He basically had the QB run back and forth in the backfield while everybody else "tackled" and held to the ground all of the McMinn defense until time expired.  What a stupid ideal. Of course it didn't work out so well.....Duh!. DB punted on the next play directly to their fastest and best player and he ran it back untouched for a touchdown. Bingo, end of game. Clark should of been fired on the spot. Then thrown in jail for stupidity.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, Oddfellow99 said:

What would be the best home game to try n catch this season?

game 2 - at home - vs Oak Ridge. historically a 50-50 rivalry that almost always is a thriller, except last year. Ask either fan base and they would say this game is the game they love the most