Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, blazer1set said:

Oct 25 vs. Science Hill.    This is the annual game for superiority in the Tri-cities.

Used to be. I don't think either is superior in the Tri-Cities anymore. Just more prove that hiring coaches from a "buddy list" never works.

Just a thought here and "NO" Batman is in no way interested or qualified .Maybe there will  be someone that can come in and help the kids with some exercises that will give them a jump on weight training in future years.I trained my kids at their request and started them on a few simple exercises that stuck with them .Remember looking at one of my boys workout planner a few years after the fact .Besides his weight training,he would also do atleast 100 pushups every night on his own because he just liked doing them.That was when he was 12 years old.Not everyone is qualified to coach or do strength training for  their own kids or anyone else's for that matter.That's why before I went very far,I took my older son to see one of the best lifters in the world at the time who held several world records.He had him do a couple of reps on the bench with 135 and then looked at me and ask if I had trained him .I took a deep breath and said yes.He then just said "perfect".That was a long time ago and my son knows 10 times what I ever did or anyone that ever coached him when it comes to weight training.That's one thing that can always be better for not only DB but most schools this side of Greeneville.

12 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just a thought here and "NO" Batman is in no way interested or qualified .Maybe there will  be someone that can come in and help the kids with some exercises that will give them a jump on weight training in future years.I trained my kids at their request and started them on a few simple exercises that stuck with them .Remember looking at one of my boys workout planner a few years after the fact .Besides his weight training,he would also do atleast 100 pushups every night on his own because he just liked doing them.That was when he was 12 years old.Not everyone is qualified to coach or do strength training for  their own kids or anyone else's for that matter.That's why before I went very far,I took my older son to see one of the best lifters in the world at the time who held several world records.He had him do a couple of reps on the bench with 135 and then looked at me and ask if I had trained him .I took a deep breath and said yes.He then just said "perfect".That was a long time ago and my son knows 10 times what I ever did or anyone that ever coached him when it comes to weight training.That's one thing that can always be better for not only DB but most schools this side of Greeneville.

You should encourage your son to give it a try at Elizabethton. That's the only school this side of Greeneville that's doing it right. DB is a waste of time.......but you've been there and done that.

55 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You should encourage your son to give it a try at Elizabethton. That's the only school this side of Greeneville that's doing it right. DB is a waste of time.......but you've been there and done that.

Thanks Waco.He is in Los Angeles for now and every gym he put a resume in for personal training around the Hollywood and Beverly hills area offered him a good job .He took one of them but is on a quest for several different goals he set years ago. Maybe one day he will come back and go the phd route and teach some of the local coaches before they add to the cluster we already have.

22 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Thanks Waco.He is in Los Angeles for now and every gym he put a resume in for personal training around the Hollywood and Beverly hills area offered him a good job .He took one of them but is on a quest for several different goals he set years ago. Maybe one day he will come back and go the phd route and teach some of the local coaches before they add to the cluster we already have.

I don't know coach Connor personally, but I hear he is a good athletic trainer at Boone. 

http://jcnewsandneighbor.com/daniel-boone-strength-coach-now-calls-himself-world-record-holder/

54 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I don't know coach Connor personally, but I hear he is a good athletic trainer at Boone. 

http://jcnewsandneighbor.com/daniel-boone-strength-coach-now-calls-himself-world-record-holder/

That is flat out strong.I don't care who is holding the event ,doesn't matter if it's a raw lift or not either.Seen a guy drop just 500 pounds at a competition and it was close to a tragedy.700 plus pounds is a crap load of weight to be under on a benchpress

On 5/31/2019 at 3:27 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

You have a point on that. Last year Dugger outscored RNR & Seveir by a combined 77-6. The year before wasn't much better.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:24 PM, JDHoss said:

You have a point on that. Last year Dugger outscored RNR & Seveir by a combined 77-6. The year before wasn't much better.

I'll predict Elizabethton to win a state championship in the next 4 years. And yes, They'll go through Alcoa to do it.