Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll predict Elizabethton to win a state championship in the next 4 years. And yes, They'll go through Alcoa to do it.

Are they dropping back to 3A or is Alcoa moving up to 4A? Regardless, Dugger has had a really nice group of athletes the last two seasons. 

3A is where EHS wanted to stay iirc. Contrary to popular opinion EHS narrowed the gap and had a small window to actually take down Alcoa. The next year EHS moved up to 4A..I firmly believe that year EHS moved to 4a they could have beaten Alcoa. Word around town was that Witten wanted to stay in 3A and the move up was out of his control though so a move back to 3A wouldn't be out of the realm of impossibility. I believe we should stay in 4A. Competition is a notch better in the region in 4A

Edited by EHSTrack06

41 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

3A is where EHS wanted to stay iirc. Contrary to popular opinion EHS narrowed the gap and had a small window to actually take down Alcoa. The next year EHS moved up to 4A..I firmly believe that year EHS moved to 4a they could have beaten Alcoa.

Nope. So  you're saying the year you got blown out by SH (a 7-4 team) and lost by more than two touchdowns to Anderson County, you would have beaten Alcoa?

Alcoa always has trouble scheduling games. I think you guys are playing another Blount county team this year, could have easily  scheduled Alcoa for non region and ended the speculation.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll predict Elizabethton to win a state championship in the next 4 years. And yes, They'll go through Alcoa to do it.

I'm not a betting man, but I would be tempted to take some money off of you on this one. LOL

They can always schedule a non region game against Alcoa to toughen them up for a run in 4A though.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Nope. So  you're saying the year you got blown out by SH (a 7-4 team) and lost by more than two touchdowns to Anderson County, you would have beaten Alcoa?

Alcoa always has trouble scheduling games. I think you guys are playing another Blount county team this year, could have easily  scheduled Alcoa for non region and ended the speculation.

Elizabethton vs. Alcoa, now that is a game I would pay good money to see.   Or even bad money for that matter.

Back to the thread topic, DB travels down to Alcoa this year, last game of the season.    Any thoughts on this one, or is it too early to know at this point?

• Like 1

Alcoa has a loaded upcoming Jr class and an All senior O line with 3 guys that have started  games since their soph yr. We should be better at almost every position from last yr. 

DB has an impressive kid coming back running the ball if I'm not mistaken. #4 maybe. 

Its really early but this is just for fun, after last yrs game and knowing what we have this yr, and the fact that by the 10th game our new starter should have settled....Alcoa 42- DB 14

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa has a loaded upcoming Jr class and an All senior O line with 3 guys that have started  games since their soph yr. We should be better at almost every position from last yr. 

DB has an impressive kid coming back running the ball if I'm not mistaken. #4 maybe. 

Its really early but this is just for fun, after last yrs game and knowing what we have this yr, and the fact that by the 10th game our new starter should have settled....Alcoa 42- DB 14

The Tribe will have 4 slam dunk wins this year (Tenn High, Boone, Jeff Co, Mo West).   That means there is a potential for a 4-5 DB team to come into Alcoa for that last game.   DB has never had back to back losing seasons since football started back 100 years ago.    It is going to be imperative that DB defy all odds and win this last game.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

The Tribe will have 4 slam dunk wins this year (Tenn High, Boone, Jeff Co, Mo West).   That means there is a potential for a 4-5 DB team to come into Alcoa for that last game.   DB has never had back to back losing seasons since football started back 100 years ago.    It is going to be imperative that DB defy all odds and win this last game.

:popcorneater:

21 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa had Greeneville and Elizabethton scheduled for the upcoming season..........both had a change of plans...........how convenient. :bored:

You know I respect you as a poster BCsportsfan but until the ink is signed I wouldn't be saying they were scheduled.  I can't speak for E-Town but Looking at both Greeneville and Alcoa Schedules i don't see how it would have been able to work with how both teams have their region scheduled out.  Greeneville's open Date were week 1, 2,4, and 5.  Week one is the rivalry Thursday game against Powell (Greeneville's D coordinator starred at Powell so thats the link there).  Week 2 Alcoa has a region game against AE.  Week 4 is the Maryville vs Alcoa game so we all know that wasn't going to be changed.  Week 5 Alcoa has a region game with Pigeon Forge.  A lot of parts go into scheduling and it's more about everyone else schedule than the actual 2 teams that would be a good game to see.  I've never seen Greeneville run from competition and we are 2-2 against your tornadoes.  Would have been a fun game to watch for sure!  We can see who beats AE worse and try to compare that way :lol:.  Also I hope you put it on DB this years since they dropped again (Which I don't blame them after losing the last 3 games against a school less than half their size)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Anything can happen and that's why they play the game. But I think my the end of the season Alcoa will be better than it was overall at the end of last season and better at every position except maybe 2. Good luck to you guys regardless.  You coming to the game?