Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You think the DB offense will just basically run over everybody this year?

They lost the best RB in the region (maybe even this half of the state), lost a lot off the OL, a competent, experienced QB and lost a huge TE. They have lots of unanswered questions, not the least of which is how much they will be able to rely solely on Taylor. IMO the offensive production will take a step back, and it's possible it could be significant. 

23 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

....... The QB is 140lbs. soak and wet (that's small for a middle school QB) so he ain't going to run over (or see over) anybody........

I remember a few years ago that Science Hill had a super small QB (McGoo I think, but that may not be spelled right).   Anyway, he was one of the toughest guys I have ever seen in high school football.   And he was just so fast, you would blink and he was gone.     So you never know, DB's guy might be cut from the same cloth, and if he is then the offense has a lot of potency.    I think the first game will tell us a lot, if DB struggles against Tennessee High then it may be a long season for the Tribe.   But I predict a DB win by 3 scores.    Not sure of the exact stats, but I would bet that DB has not lost more than 5 games combined against local teams (except Science Hill) in the last 20 years.   So I guess the real test will actually come in game 2 against Kenny Hawkins High...... oops, I mean Oak Ridge.    OR is just such an unknown quantity at this point, but it will be very important for a Tribe win to start 2-0.    There are going to be some challenging games for sure, but at least Greeneville and Maryville are not on the menu this year.

The great thing about high school football is you just never know how a season is going to go.So many factors unless your talking about a power school that is always going to get their wins and go deep into the playoffs.Two schools in east Tennessee come to mind quick and have for decades now. I can remember when OR  was the team you knew would be there every year.DB and Oak Ridge have had some great games.My first trip down to OR,I had to ask people on the street where to find the stadium.Without a doubt,one of the best places in the state to watch a football game.The pregame is one of the best anywhere for getting the home folks going.When  they come down the hill  with the train sound and smoke is hard to top.I like " the walk " at DB as well and when they come through those doors before a game is pretty cool .Maybe it's just from being an old football parent .Bottom line is all that stuff is fun for the kids and their family as well as old players and long time fans but if the team is not prepared and ready to play,the results will not be near as fun as the pregame.See the source imageSee the source image

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I remember a few years ago that Science Hill had a super small QB (McGoo I think, but that may not be spelled right).   Anyway, he was one of the toughest guys I have ever seen in high school football.   And he was just so fast, you would blink and he was gone.     So you never know, DB's guy might be cut from the same cloth, and if he is then the offense has a lot of potency.    I think the first game will tell us a lot, if DB struggles against Tennessee High then it may be a long season for the Tribe.   But I predict a DB win by 3 scores.    Not sure of the exact stats, but I would bet that DB has not lost more than 5 games combined against local teams (except Science Hill) in the last 20 years.   So I guess the real test will actually come in game 2 against Kenny Hawkins High...... oops, I mean Oak Ridge.    OR is just such an unknown quantity at this point, but it will be very important for a Tribe win to start 2-0.    There are going to be some challenging games for sure, but at least Greeneville and Maryville are not on the menu this year.

Dreaming. 

What amazes me is that Kingsport is trying so hard to get people to move here yet the ones that have been here all their life are up and leaving to near by areas , outside of Kingsport ! 

A great athelete just left DB for Betsy .... Don't blame them ! I'm tired of the one , two or three players a year that are the majority of the team because of their families .... When all these other players sit back and don't get the chance to shine 

I know several cops that have left and went to JC, Washington county , etc.  because Kingsport is doing nothing about the crack heads / druggies because of overcrowding ... Cops just cant do their job to help this City because of Control ......Shootings everyday it seems like !! 

Ballad is causing Doctors , Nurses , Surgeons to leave Kingsport at high #s 

Kingsport Dobyns Bennett Football will never be the same again until the leaders correct the issues in front of them .... And "Heck",  bring in Coaches that know what they are doing ! 

Again to many atheletes walking the halls , getting in trouble ,quiting , Families leaving ..... Heck Graham Clark is even leaving lol and once PALS goes nation wide , Kingsport is screwed ;)

Leadership is a Joke from Sports to the City office !

yeah I know "I was all over the place with this one" ha

Edited by kingindian33
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

What amazes me is that Kingsport is trying so hard to get people to move here yet the ones that have been here all their life are up and leaving to near by areas , outside of Kingsport ! 

A great athelete just left DB for Betsy .... Don't blame them ! I'm tired of the one , two or three players a year that are the majority of the team because of their families .... When all these other players sit back and don't get the chance to shine 

I know several cops that have left and went to JC, Washington county , etc.  because Kingsport is doing nothing about the crack heads / druggies because of overcrowding ... Cops just cant do their job to help this City because of Control ......Shootings everyday it seems like !! 

Kingsport Dobyns Bennett Football will never be the same again until the leaders correct the issues in front of them .... And "Heck",  bring in Coaches that know what they are doing ! 

Again to many atheletes walking the halls , getting in trouble ,quiting , Families leaving ..... Heck Graham Clark is even leaving lol and once PALS goes nation wide , Kingsport is screwed ;)

I actually found a couple of positive things in what you wrote .One is if Pals goes nation wide.It would  be nice to get a Big Pal,fry and tea at the beach .

4 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

I would have liked to see that kid at South for one year not Besty, but oh well.