Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

53 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,Maryville and Alcoa are in another football galaxy compared to most schools.It's been a very fun ride watching my Devils visit that galaxy over the last several years.310px-NGC_4414_%28NASA-med%29.jpg

I think Coach Ballard took some notes when he was on Hammontree's Staff with GQ at Maryville before he came to Greeneville as an OC when GQ took over.  I call it the Big Red Machine effect :cool:

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, blazer1set said:

If you guys are talking about the quarterfinal in 2014, Science Hill went to Maryville and got stomped 45-0, and in fact SH never crossed the 50 yard line until deep into the 4th quarter.    Maryville outcoached SH in that game, made McGue look like a middle schooler.    The Maryville front line played a lateral defense, basically shifted left and right with McGue and let him take his time and run around in the backfield, then once he tired out they came in for the kill..... er, uh, tackle that is.....      Everybody SH had played rushed guys back there to get McGue, he was just way too elusive for that and ended up getting past them and then it was off to the races.    I was at that game and its almost as if Maryville coaches and players had.... uh, maybe studied game film and come up with a strategy to contain SH????    Nah, couldn't be that......

Anybody remember the days when a DB thread was all about DB or DB and whoever they were playing next? I remember when it only took two or three days for a DB thread to reach 30 pages. This thread took 8 months to get to thirty and its mostly about other teams and their success. Thank you "Good Ole Boys"

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Anybody remember the days when a DB thread was all about DB or DB and whoever they were playing next? I remember when it only took two or three days for a DB thread to reach 30 pages. This thread took 8 months to get to thirty and its mostly about other teams and their success. Thank you "Good Ole Boys"

The "Good Ole Boys" ruined the "Good Ole Days" :popcorneater:.  I remember when DB was a force to be reckoned with year in and year out.  When I went to UT became friends with some of the DB players and Brentwood Players and played intramural's with them.  I'm sure Jacob McMillan rings a bell for you WaCoJaCO. Those Brentwood boys liked giving him a hard time since they won the championship in 5a that year and Jacob was one game away from getting to play them but Riverdale squeaked by  DB  in the Semi's 14-9. (I still give Jacob a hard time about getting kicked out of the Greeneville game that year we won 19-10)  

18 hours ago, Swipes said:

The "Good Ole Boys" ruined the "Good Ole Days" :popcorneater:.  I remember when DB was a force to be reckoned with year in and year out.  When I went to UT became friends with some of the DB players and Brentwood Players and played intramural's with them.  I'm sure Jacob McMillan rings a bell for you WaCoJaCO. Those Brentwood boys liked giving him a hard time since they won the championship in 5a that year and Jacob was one game away from getting to play them but Riverdale squeaked by  DB  in the Semi's 14-9. (I still give Jacob a hard time about getting kicked out of the Greeneville game that year we won 19-10)  

If I remember correctly McMillan was just getting over a ankle injury and didn't even start in that game. They finally put him in when they couldn't move the ball and he pretty much took over the game. Greeneville couldn't even slow him down. As I remember it he was gang tackled down near the goal line and someone in the pile grabbed his foot and tried to twist his ankle. He threw a punch and got kicked out of the game. He wasn't one you wanted to mess with. One of the things that all DB haters always like tp bring up is that DB has never won a state championship on the field, or that they are one and done in the playoffs. The one and done thing hasn't happened to DB anymore than it has to 95% of other schools. I think there's a lot of people on here that can't count past "1".  The thing that upsets most DB fans is that in the past (before coach Watson left us) DB was always a force on the field. They always played teams close if they lost and everyone respected them as a good team that you had to bring your A game to.  Now they struggle to stay on the field with average teams and nobody respects them. Sad to see a team with so much history go down hill like this. The  "Good ole Boys" did this. Never forget.

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

If I remember correctly McMillan was just getting over a ankle injury and didn't even start in that game. They finally put him in when they couldn't move the ball and he pretty much took over the game. Greeneville couldn't even slow him down. As I remember it he was gang tackled down near the goal line and someone in the pile grabbed his foot and tried to twist his ankle. He threw a punch and got kicked out of the game. He wasn't one you wanted to mess with. One of the things that all DB haters always like tp bring up is that DB has never won a state championship on the field, or that they are one and done in the playoffs. The one and done thing hasn't happened to DB anymore than it has to 95% of other schools. I think there's a lot of people on here that can't count past "1".  The thing that upsets most DB fans is that in the past (before coach Watson left us) DB was always a force on the field. They always played teams close if they lost and everyone respected them as a good team that you had to bring your A game to.  Now they struggle to stay on the field with average teams and nobody respects them. Sad to see a team with so much history go down hill like this. The  "Good ole Boys" did this. Never forget.

Your memory is pretty good because that is exactly what happened.  The player that twisted his ankle wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.  Jacob is a good guy and living and working in TX now.  

Growing up DB was always well respected on the football field and had some dang good teams they cranked out when Watson was the DC.  I just hope for DB sake they can someway right the ship like Greeneville did back in 07.

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

Your memory is pretty good because that is exactly what happened.  The player that twisted his ankle wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.  Jacob is a good guy and living and working in TX now.  

Growing up DB was always well respected on the football field and had some dang good teams they cranked out when Watson was the DC.  I just hope for DB sake they can someway right the ship like Greeneville did back in 07.

It would be nice to be back in the conversation again. I think most real DB fans would be happy just to be respected again. We've gone from expecting a 10 win season to hoping to win 5 games. I don't see anything changing for the better though. Their all about protecting their job's and they have it locked down pretty tight top to bottom. We just have to wait until they all die of old age.

22 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It would be nice to be back in the conversation again. I think most real DB fans would be happy just to be respected again. We've gone from expecting a 10 win season to hoping to win 5 games. I don't see anything changing for the better though. Their all about protecting their job's and they have it locked down pretty tight top to bottom. We just have to wait until they all die of old age.

See the source image

• 2 weeks later...