Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW - ran into a parent the other day who has a kid playing on the line, and he said there is much more of a cohesiveness to the team (at least the linemen) this year than last.   He feels the lines will be very solid but the challenges are going to be the backfield and defensive backs.   However, he mentioned a couple of coaching changes on the defensive side that seem to be resonating very well with the players.   They are viewing last year as an experiment (getting a new coach after... what.... 100 years???), he said that based on what he has been able to see that the coach/player relationship is much improved.    We'll find out in 26 days....

On 7/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, bounder said:

What's Twitter?

Obviously used more than CoachT.  I mean, Trump uses it more than all the users on CoachT combined.

CoachT is dead.  Or ... Maybe just DB football is dead.  Or both.

If it weren't for the Maryville crowd, who still live in the pre-Cambrian age, there would be almost no posts.

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Obviously used more than CoachT.  I mean, Trump uses it more than all the users on CoachT combined.

If it weren't for the Maryville crowd, who still live in the pre-Cambrian age, there would be almost no posts.

I wonder if it is even bigger..... Is HS football (fan support) dying?    I remember back in the 70's/80's there seemed to be way more excitement on Friday nights than there is nowadays.

3 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

The message boards are dead, probably because there are people like you who just aren't any fun to interact with. 

As for Maryville, I guess pre-Cambrian = 607 days, because that how long it's been since the Red Rebels won a State Championship. 

I don't know what you call the 21,426 days since Dobyns-Bennett was awarded a State Championship?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

The message boards are dead, probably because there are people like you who just aren't any fun to interact with. 

As for Maryville, I guess pre-Cambrian = 607 days, because that how long it's been since the Red Rebels won a State Championship. 

I don't know what you call the 21,426 days since Dobyns-Bennett was awarded a State Championship?

Ouch!!!