Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

16 hours ago, JayMurr16 said:

They might be new coaches but teddy Gaines and Malik foreman know football pretty well last time I checked. Hopefully they can make a difference in our pass defense this year 

I would say any change in coaching the pass defense has to be a positive. Even I could of done better than what we've had the past 20 years or so. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

For Betsy who’s supposedly going after the Champs again this year that’s Embarrassing since Db is set to have another Down year. 

DB won't be 10-0 but they have never had back to back losing seasons.   Looking at the schedule I would think 6-4, but until the first game is played it is really hard to know what any team is going to do....   (A few exceptions:   Greeneville, Alcoa, Maryville)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

For Betsy who’s supposedly going after the Champs again this year that’s Embarrassing since Db is set to have another Down year. 

I don't think this is the year Betsy goes after the "Champs". Their two years away. I bet you'll be hard to find on these boards when it happens.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think this is the year Betsy goes after the "Champs". Their two years away. I bet you'll be hard to find on these boards when it happens.

Im Always here. Through the good and the bad. I dont see Betsy doing anything in the bear future imo. Greeneville has a lot of amazing talent moving up as well and when they reach High School our coaches take them to the next level 

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

Im Always here. Through the good and the bad. I dont see Betsy doing anything in the bear future imo. Greeneville has a lot of amazing talent moving up as well and when they reach High School our coaches take them to the next level 

I'll stand by my prediction. 

As an old Devil,I'm very proud we were fortunate enough to have the right folks take over our program and give us several years like we have had.As a former Indian dad,it was tough and I took no pleasure in watching the yearly cluster when the playoffs came around.I wish every school could have a year or two like we have had and that includes the Tribe.I've read a lot of the back and forth between our fans and Elizabethton ,DB and others and try to take the high road most of the time. Elizabethton has got a very nice program and I might be wrong but think they still hold a  lead in our series.Either way,I've always had respect for them and the athletes they put on the field.Same with DB over the years.If the Tribe gets what we have in Greeneville,I  wouldn't want to play that beast on a Friday night.I've not forgot those numbers either between our two schools going back for decades.

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

As an old Devil,I'm very proud we were fortunate enough to have the right folks take over our program and give us several years like we have had.As a former Indian dad,it was tough and I took no pleasure in watching the yearly cluster when the playoffs came around.I wish every school could have a year or two like we have had and that includes the Tribe.I've read a lot of the back and forth between our fans and Elizabethton ,DB and others and try to take the high road most of the time. Elizabethton has got a very nice program and I might be wrong but think they still hold a  lead in our series.Either way,I've always had respect for them and the athletes they put on the field.Same with DB over the years.If the Tribe gets what we have in Greeneville,I  wouldn't want to play that beast on a Friday night.I've not forgot those numbers either between our two schools going back for decades.

The games have generally been close with the exception of this last Greeneville run. Prior to that the Greene Devils were just another team. Their recent success seems to have blinded some fans to their mediocre teams prior to Ballard/Carmichael and they have forgotten their past. But in Devilmans defense, its hard to see with the glare of gold in your eyes from the trophy case.

The DB/Greeneville series hasn't been as black and white as it appears either. They've met 4 times since 2001. with the exception of last year the games haven't been blowouts

2001- DB 29-7

2002- Gville 19-10

2017 - Gville 35-21

2018- Gville 43-3

Since 2001 EHS and Greeneville played 12 times. Gville's 3 biggest wins were by 41(2010) and 29(2013) and 29(2003). Other than that the games were decided by 15 or less points

Edited by EHSTrack06

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

And how Many times has betsy beat Greeneville since 2010? 

Exactly 0 

Devils 4 Gold Balls 

How many snaps have you taken as a starter? How many two a days have you been through or summer workouts? Zeeeeerrrrooo. Stop knocking other programs and the hard work the kids put in. You're using Greenevilles success to stroke your own ego. As a former devils football player I have nothing but respect for Betsy. Even if they win one game this year that's one more football game then you've ever won. Have some respect for the game and the people that have actually strapped up dude.

• Like 3