Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

4 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

How many snaps have you taken as a starter? How many two a days have you been through or summer workouts? Zeeeeerrrrooo. Stop knocking other programs and the hard work the kids put in. You're using Greenevilles success to stroke your own ego. As a former devils football player I have nothing but respect for Betsy. Even if they win one game this year that's one more football game then you've ever won. Have some respect for the game and the people that have actually strapped up dude.

+1

2 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

How many snaps have you taken as a starter? How many two a days have you been through or summer workouts? Zeeeeerrrrooo. Stop knocking other programs and the hard work the kids put in. You're using Greenevilles success to stroke your own ego. As a former devils football player I have nothing but respect for Betsy. Even if they win one game this year that's one more football game then you've ever won. Have some respect for the game and the people that have actually strapped up dude.

And another thing. It's a shame that our coaches have always coached respect, character, and dignity into their player's and you, someone that lacks all of that is the mouth of the team..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

Anyway! How’s  Db looking this year Waco? 

5-5? Or better?

Well, the backfield on both sides of the ball is a huge question mark. The secondary is always terrible' Hired two former players (of course) with no coaching experience to coach the defensive backs. But to be honest that has to be an improvement.  The starting QB is very small, somewhere between 140 & 150lbs., so he might take a beating.  I'd say 5-5 would be a stretch. Who would of thought 10 years ago we'd be hoping to win 5 games. And this might be the last year for a long time to get there. Middle school teams last year were probably the worst I've ever seen in Kingsport. Coaches don't care.

4 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Thanks for that post and we all know that the Devils have a great program and are the best in ET and I would agree that there on there way to another Gold Ball.Betsy has worked there tails off in the weight room and getting ready for this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

Thanks for that post and we all know that the Devils have a great program and are the best in ET and I would agree that there on there way to another Gold Ball.Betsy has worked there tails off in the weight room and getting ready for this year.

As for myself,I always step  championship talk back a little at this time of year.Shoot, everyone knows Batman doesn't start counting Trophies until they are in the case.Kev-o had a good point about not knocking down other programs.I think most people can see our program has been run with class and not just Greeneville,but every team has fans that go overboard.06 hit the nail on the head.Until a few years ago,how many folks in west Tennessee had heard about Greeneville football.Man,it's a great dream come true in this part of the state.It had been since the early 70's for a team past Jeff county to bring home a gold in football.Elizabethton has came very close in the last few years,that one game against Alcoa was something.I always like to remind people that only one school in the state has ever won a football playoff championship when there was only one champion during that year .1938 Elizabethton.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

As for myself,I always step  championship talk back a little at this time of year.Shoot, everyone knows Batman doesn't start counting Trophies until they are in the case.Kev-o had a good point about not knocking down other programs.I think most people can see our program has been run with class and not just Greeneville,but every team has fans that go overboard.06 hit the nail on the head.Until a few years ago,how many folks in west Tennessee had heard about Greeneville football.Man,it's a great dream come true in this part of the state.It had been since the early 70's for a team past Jeff county to bring home a gold in football.Elizabethton has came very close in the last few years,that one game against Alcoa was something.I always like to remind people that only one school in the state has ever won a football playoff championship when there was only one champion during that year .1938 Elizabethton.

The sickest I’ve ever been was in 1999 we scored late against Maryville and I just knew we had them beat.Hopefully the Cyclones will have there day here soon.

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

The sickest I’ve ever been was in 1999 we scored late against Maryville and I just knew we had them beat.Hopefully the Cyclones will have there day here soon.

I’m sure many many teams have had that moment at some point against the rebels & the tornadoes. 

Edited by DevilMan03

5 hours ago, sheppy said:

wacojaco,

I believe Teddy Gaines coached at Webb School in Knoxville and also at ETSU.  Think he played at UT and had a cup of coffee in the NFL.  With being said, think that probably qualifies him to coach the db's at DB.

You are 100% correct, I forgot about his coaching experience. I did say it would be a positive change. I'm just skidish about hiring former players at DB. It hasn't worked very well in the past but I guess the law of averages has to kick in at some point.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, KEV-O said:

And another thing. It's a shame that our coaches have always coached respect, character, and dignity into their player's and you, someone that lacks all of that is the mouth of the team..

man kevo.....this post really hurts.....i mean...i thought I WAS the mouth of the team.....no wait, i guess im the EYES of the team...lol