Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Yes they did. I thought it was the least physically imposing Greeneville team I've seen in probably the last 12 years or so. DB pretty much controlled the LOS from start to finish. It's just a scrimmage, but it really makes you appreciate just how great those last two Greeneville teams were.  

4 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

7-0 Greeneville had a lot of mistakes in the scrimmage. Down some starters again this scrimmage. Fumbled at the 5 didnt help but got some turnovers on defense as well. 

Second score was on second string as well. 

Overall i wanted to see the starters get more playing time on drives rather then subbing them out a bunch in between plays. 

Devils will be ready for powell on tbe 22nd. 

3 peat is insight

No need for excuses. It's just a scrimmage.

8 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Yes they did. I thought it was the least physically imposing Greeneville team I've seen in probably the last 12 years or so. DB pretty much controlled the LOS from start to finish. It's just a scrimmage, but it really makes you appreciate just how great those last two Greeneville teams were.  

Yep,last year's team was one of the best I've ever seen and could compete with any team in the state on any Friday.This years Greeneville team is still a very good team in the making but I couldn't help but think we looked like a good 4A team playing a good 6A team yesterday.A great day for DB compared to last year but this was no Maryville In the playoffs either,so they have a lot of work to do just as the Devils .Best of luck to the Tribe but a great job by the staff and players yesterday.I seen a lot of great coaches and fine men from years past for DB and they should all feel pretty darn good about what they have done with this year's team so far.Yes,I had also heard about the pregame talk and all I can say is ,it isn't just talk if you can back it up.The Tribe backed it up and then some.

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

No need for excuses. It's just a scrimmage.

Excuses? It indeed is just a scrimmage, and I never try to take too much from them. That said, DB was clearly the better team last night, especially at the LOS. If these teams played in the opening game, I'd make DB a solid favorite. 

Greeneville just did not look good at all last night.    I would say the word "flat" comes to mind.    That little bubble screen to #11 from the last couple of years.....    Well there is no #11 anymore.   The bubble never seemed to get more than a few yards regardless of how many times it was tried.     Based purely on last night's performance, I would have Greeneville at 8-2.     Now let's talk DB....   LOS was definitely their strong point.    DB's QB seems good on very short passes on crossing routes, but that's about it.   None of the RB's looked that great but since the blocking was so effective they didn't have to be.      DB's defensive backs stuffed Greeneville all night, much improved from past years.    Whoever has been talking about DB dropping off this year has been sandbagging.     They should go 6-4.

Okay, Greeneville fans, I will save you the time of responding to this rant, below is something for your convenience that you can cut-and-paste as a response:

----------------------------------------------
OH COME OFF IT MAN, WE WERE PLAYING MOSTLY 4TH STRING, BAND MEMBERS, A COUPLE OF MATH NERDS AND SOME CHEERLEADERS!    WHATCHA EXPECT?!?!?       GO BACK TO DRINKING THE BOONESHINE AND DREAMING OF THE DAY YOUR BLAZERS WILL BE RELEVANT AGAIN.......    3PEAT ON THE WAY......

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

Excuses? It indeed is just a scrimmage, and I never try to take too much from them. That said, DB was clearly the better team last night, especially at the LOS. If these teams played in the opening game, I'd make DB a solid favorite. 

It's very hard to play as much as those Devil linemen played and not be looking for a little wind.Without question a spot or two on the line for Greeneville that will need to grow as the season goes forward.There is nothing more uplifting to an opponent then to see your competition look like he is going to drop at any moment.Without being able to see film,it looked like way to many missed assignments or just getting whipped at the line for the Devils.As for playing a real game after what I just seen.Greeneville would have to pass a little more I'd say,that is  if the pass blocking was there.I didn't feel like Greeneville could have had a first and goal at the 5 on the first team and been able to pound the ball in. On the other hand ,I didn't feel like Greeneville could have stopped DB in the same type of deal in a real game.Now,Greeneville has got a lot of work to do and there isn't a better staff to get it done.This scrimmage will help open a few eyes and maybe pizz a few players off enough to work even harder from this point

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

My post was directed at DevilMan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Greeneville just did not look good at all last night.    I would say the word "flat" comes to mind.    That little bubble screen to #11 from the last couple of years.....    Well there is no #11 anymore.   The bubble never seemed to get more than a few yards regardless of how many times it was tried.     Based purely on last night's performance, I would have Greeneville at 8-2.     Now let's talk DB....   LOS was definitely their strong point.    DB's QB seems good on very short passes on crossing routes, but that's about it.   None of the RB's looked that great but since the blocking was so effective they didn't have to be.      DB's defensive backs stuffed Greeneville all night, much improved from past years.    Whoever has been talking about DB dropping off this year has been sandbagging.     They should go 6-4.

Okay, Greeneville fans, I will save you the time of responding to this rant, below is something for your convenience that you can cut-and-paste as a response:

OH COME OFF IT MAN, WE WERE PLAYING MOSTLY 4TH STRING, BAND MEMBERS, A COUPLE OF MATH NERDS AND SOME CHEERLEADERS!    WHATCHA EXPECT?!?!?       GO BACK TO DRINKING THE BOONESHINE AND DREAMING OF THE DAY YOUR BLAZERS WILL BE RELEVANT AGAIN.......    3PEAT ON THE WAY......

I think DB has the "LOS" figured out. This is the forth year in a row they have "produced" a really good line. That's coaching. I would have to say that comes from Christian, who I have said before is one of (if not the best) line coach in the state. It's probably to early to say but could it be that after 20 years or so they might just have some good coaching for the defensive backs. We'll have to wait for the real games to start before we'll know but I can't remember the last time I heard anyone say " DB's defensive backs stuffed anybody". The offensive backfield still has a lot to prove so we'll see. 

Yep,I was watching the coaches behind the defensive backs and they were all over it.I think it was coach Gaines that was really vocal and I mean in a very positive way.As I've said before when he helped years ago,the kids really liked him .Lot of good guys on the staff that know how to coach.I don't think it hurts anything having a guy like TY Hayworth for the offensive Line  and weight room since he broke the Wake Forest weight lifting records.I believe I was 100% correct on my old coacht bet as to how good TY was when he played at DB.Without a doubt one of my all time favorite Indians without my last name.If DB can get all the good athletes out every year and keep them on the team  ,they might have something special going forward.

Edited by BatmanDevil

i thought everyone understood going in that greeneville was going to let DB win this scrimmage, so as to help the tribe rebuild their hurt egos and self images as a result of the last years thrashing and the season before when greeneville let the tribe push them around for a half, only to flip the switch and break their hearts in the second half  AND for bailing out on this years planned meeting.....man, some of you guys are really in need of some hand holding....lol

Edited by BVDevil
mistake

Greeneville is going to have to stay healthy. And play a bunch of kid's both ways. To win the competitive games on the schedule this year. Youngblood,izzi, Albright and everheart. Are going to half to stay healthy and play on both sides of the ball. None of those kid's are playing much at all in these 2 scrimmages so far. Which j think is good in some ways. They have got to have them on the field against Powell. It doesn't look very good in the scrimmages but I think the coaching staff is doing the right thing getting these young freshman and sophomores so much work pre season. I have been to both scrimmages and the freshman have played more snaps than the senior's in both. They have got to work these young kid's hard to get them more game ready. This years Senior class is another large class

DB has another sensabaugh strapping it up this year so hopefully good things will come along with that last name as it always has for the tribe. He’s a junior who didn’t even come out last year but a talent none the less. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a big offensive playmaker for this squad 

9 hours ago, BVDevil said:

i thought everyone understood going in that greeneville was going to let DB win this scrimmage, so as to help the tribe rebuild their hurt egos and self images as a result of the last years thrashing and the season before when greeneville let the tribe push them around for a half, only to flip the switch and break their hearts in the second half  AND for bailing out on this years planned meeting.....man, some of you guys are really in need of some hand holding....lol

I thought everyone understood that DB let Greeneville win the last two games because their feelings were hurt from all the beat downs from past years. Plus Nice Wrong'er has spent a fortune in Greeneville and he needs to see a return on his hard earned money. Greeneville looks a little wobbly all of the sudden.