Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

The Superich will not go away with Gold Bond!!!   That was a low blow.  Yet kinda Funny.  LOL. And yes, I may be dreaming about DB this year.  But I do every year.  I grew up in a very small community in the MIdwest.  Never had any of the opportunities that you have here in Kingsport.  I sent 3 of my 4 kids through DB.  "All Band Members".  I love this school.  I watched several DB teams over the years ranked #1 in the State, only to see them blow games in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.  Never the kids losing the games.  Always the coaching.  I'm seeing a change coming.  Maybe not quite there yet.  But it's got a good start.  And as for sugar coating anything?  Until DB loses, I think I can keep bragging on them and hoping for the best.  Am I being unrealistic?  Maybe.  But then again... Maybe not.  Let's just all have fun, support your team, and hope for the best.  PS.  I'm not a "MORON"  Now that was just not nice.  Geez!!! Get a grip.

Edited by Superich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Superich said:

The Superich will not go away with Gold Bond!!!   That was a low blow.  Yet kinda Funny.  LOL. And yes, I may be dreaming about DB this year.  But I do every year.  I grew up in a very small community in the MIdwest.  Never had any of the opportunities that you have here in Kingsport.  I sent 3 of my 4 kids through DB.  "All Band Members".  I love this school.  I watched several DB teams over the years ranked #1 in the State, only to see them blow games in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.  Never the kids losing the games.  Always the coaching.  I'm seeing a change coming.  Maybe not quite there yet.  But it's got a good start.  And as for sugar coating anything?  Until DB loses, I think I can keep bragging on them and hoping for the best.  Am I being unrealistic?  Maybe.  But then again... Maybe not.  Let's just all have fun, support your team, and hope for the best.  PS.  I'm not a "MORON"  Now that was just not nice.  Geez!!! Get a grip.

Hey I'll give you a pat on the back for being a band parent and staying past the halftime show. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with that WaCoJaCo.  I don't like seeing Band Parents leave either.  But with that being said.  I never saw too many of the Football Parents at any of the DB Band Local, Regional, or National Competitions either.  Not unless they had a Kid(s) in the Band also.  So I guess it kinda goes both ways.  Life's not all about football.  Ya gotta figure that many people don't pay to come to the football game.  They pay come to the see the band perform.  To them the football game is just something that gets in the way.  You come to cheer for the football team.  They come to cheer for the Band.  The bottom line is that they pay to support the school.  They just do it differently then us.  Enjoy and support your local team and schools.  "Roll Tribe".

Edited by Superich

12 hours ago, Superich said:

I agree with that WaCoJaCo.  I don't like seeing Band Parents leave either.  But with that being said.  I never saw too many of the Football Parents at any of the DB Band Local, Regional, or National Competitions either.  Not unless they had a Kid(s) in the Band also.  So I guess it kinda goes both ways.  Life's not all about football.  Ya gotta figure that many people don't pay to come to the football game.  They pay come to the see the band perform.  To them the football game is just something that gets in the way.  You come to cheer for the football team.  They come to cheer for the Band.  The bottom line is that they pay to support the school.  They just do it differently then us.  Enjoy and support your local team and schools.  "Roll Tribe".

DB is undoubtedly the exception to the rule, but for 99% of high schools there would be no band program if there was no football program.   I think that is why most fans relegate the band to a tier below football.    Not saying it should be this way, but that is how most fans see it.    I have always enjoyed bands at HS games and for me the game would not be the same without them.    I generally try to sit as close to them in the stands as possible because I think the music adds so much to the atmosphere.     Good luck to DB tonight and the band as well, looking forward to seeing them perform

7 hours ago, Superich said:

DB lookin pretty good last night.  Defense was awesome.  Offense was mixing it up nicely.  Hardin Valley looked like they didn't know which way to turn.  Keep it goin DB!!!  Support your local team.  Roll Tribe.  PS.  The band was amazing too.  So was the Homecoming events...

The DB defense is looking more and more like the Coach Watson coached teams. Tremendous pressure on the back field doesn't give the QB time to react. And the ends have had it locked down. Got to keep working with the secondary and cut out the silly mistakes though. It's hard to pick out a star or someone that's carrying the team. Their all doing their job. We'll see how well they do against Farragut and SH. Get by those two in dominating fashion and I think they'll give Alcoa a game.

DB playing tough against Boone.  Lookin a little off 2nite, but good enough to handle Boone so far.  Waiting to see what happens in the 2nd half after this lightning delay.  All the other Reg 1 6A schools are getting smacked around 2nite.  Most are playin some really tough competitors.  Elizabethton doin awesome so far against Cherokee.  Tryin to keep up with everyone.  Farragut not doin too bad against Maryville.  But Maryville just too dominate.  SH getting crushed by Knox Catholic.  Hardin Valley, Jeff County gettin crushed.  WOW.  Crazy night with the lightning and some serious Non Conference games this week.  DB keepin it goin tho.  Roll Tribe...  DB just ran back the 2nd half kickoff for a 98 yard TD... Good way to start the 2nd half.  Roll Tibe.. Just went to continuous clock.  Roll Tribe...Final 38  0  DB... Roll Tribe

Edited by Superich

Tribe played tough against a good Farragut team.  Defense held strong with only a few mishaps that cost us.  But looked good overall.  Offense putting points on the board.  Running backs have to secure that football better when being tackled.  Gave up a few turnovers because of it.  But still moved the ball good and put points on the board.  It was our biggest test to date and we handled it well.  31-13.  WOW.. Maryville only beat Farragut by 11 two weeks ago.  The powers that be need to be looking a little closer at the Tribe.  This team is on the move.  Support your local schools.  Keep it Rollin' Indians.  

Edited by Superich