Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, kingindian33 said:

Well another one is up on us ........Football Time in East Tn !!

Good luck to all teams and a safe season for all players !!

Its been some time but the staff is actually looking more like a "football staff" verse a "buddy staff" at DB !!

Bringing back great dedicated  past players as coaches and hiring a great AD is what DB has needed for the players and the fans  .. The changes are exactly what the Fans have been calling for and slowly it's being seen in Kingsport .

I'm not saying this Head coach will ever work out but the staff that has come on board are " top notch People and past players that worked hard in college " who can make a decent coach look Better  .....Having someone like Gains and Hayworth will help bring in some players that may not have wanted or may have gave up on football - why ? Because they are well known in Kingsport , they are younger than the previous staff that probably averaged "90 years old" Hahaha and they have the hunger to see DB win again , which the players will see !

DB has always had the atheletes to compete with anyone but utilizing the best players correctly , developing every single player quicker and playing the right ones is exactly what's been missing !......Its clearly shown  what a few new staff members can do ( especially being great football players In their own positions )  - the  development has already began and happened quickly where it's been needed , **especially the Defensive Backs *** - which others and myself on here have been yelling about for so long . 

I have also seen more camps , I have heard more camps planned for kids in the future,  and possibly more leagues for kids in the future - which Kingsport has needed since the great 80s and early 90s when the boys club was packed on Saturdays from 8am till 9pm with kids from all ages playing (flag to tackle) 

No this team will not win State , thats probably not for along while with any team at DB but getting back to the roots , winning games ,   producing great football players , putting yells back in those stands and packing J Fred is what DB/Kingsport lost Years ago ! Again .... Change  is what we are seeing and as a fan of DB it's exciting to see ! 

Less mistakes , less breakdowns , and playing 4 quarters is all I'd like to see this year ... If they can show this , then it could be a 10-0 team hahaha , nah they could have a 7-3 , 6-4   type of season which should be a WIN for all the fans !!

I hope db can return and be the best team in the state every year.  my only concern is hearing  about players moving to other schools such as Elizabethton for example. sounds like coaches are doing a great job.  it would be great if region 1 could win more state titles in others classes besides 4-a.  nobody respects region 1.  good luck Indians!!!

2 hours ago, RLS26 said:

I hope db can return and be the best team in the state every year.  my only concern is hearing  about players moving to other schools such as Elizabethton for example. sounds like coaches are doing a great job.  it would be great if region 1 could win more state titles in others classes besides 4-a.  nobody respects region 1.  good luck Indians!!!

The senior player leaving to go to Elizabethton is nothing more than a selfish act by a teenager and his parents.  

Things are going in the right direction at Kingsport High 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, LINEDAD said:

The senior player leaving to go to Elizabethton is nothing more than a selfish act by a teenager and his parents.  

Things are going in the right direction at Kingsport High 

good to hear that,  have a great season.

All I'm saying is : DB has made some great moves in getting help where it's been needed ...Only move that is questionable  is the " Head Coach" ....  

I think in time this AD will get the job done ... I mean as you guys know the previous two ADs , especially the first one , never watched a game , was to busy chasing kids around from enjoying a game of touch football , walking around the outside of the stadium making sure smokers were away from the stadium and helping the Band prepare for their shows ..... But when the band played he would watch them every time !!