Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

3 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

How many state titles has DB won on the field? I can't remember 

Actually all of the DB state titles were won on the field. In those days they counted the regular season games won-loss records and didn't have a playoff system. All of those games were played "on the field". It's not DB's fault that there was no playoff system and wasn't the fault of any other team that won state titles in those days. Come to think of it, I've never heard anybody mention that other teams state titles from those days don't count. Only Dobyns-Bennett. But really its all a moot point. State titles, won-loss records from previous years are nothing more than something to brag about. It's all in the past and won't help you one bit in the "right now". That was proven to be true last night at Powell.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

28 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

WCYB coverage is really good.  Wish they would cover DB every week ... He, he, he. Might be able to see most games again.

Yeah, secondary stinks as usual.  Defensive line looks good. Really hard to tell how bad DB is tho.  Next week should tell the story.

I think the line play on both sides of the ball was really good all night. But TH is not a very good team. They've got a pretty good QB and one good receiver, that's pretty much it. They rushed 30 times for -41 yards. Yeah, don't even seem possible. I think the center snapped the ball over the QB's head 5 times and they had 6 fumbles. However TH did have 335 yards passing. Which sounds really good but hey, It's DB. If you can't throw for over 400 on DB then you ain't much.  Oh and the Indians continued with a tradition of 11 penalties in the game. The very bright spot was Sensabaugh with two TD catches. He is the real deal. P.A. jr. did a nice job running the ball. DB has a lot of work to do.

39 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think the line play on both sides of the ball was really good all night. But TH is not a very good team. They've got a pretty good QB and one good receiver, that's pretty much it. They rushed 30 times for -41 yards. Yeah, don't even seem possible. I think the center snapped the ball over the QB's head 5 times and they had 6 fumbles. However TH did have 335 yards passing. Which sounds really good but hey, It's DB. If you can't throw for over 400 on DB then you ain't much.  Oh and the Indians continued with a tradition of 11 penalties in the game. The very bright spot was Sensabaugh with two TD catches. He is the real deal. P.A. jr. did a nice job running the ball. DB has a lot of work to do.

Is Ex Crockett coach Sensabaugh coaching for Db?

49 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Come on guys, you just beat the daylights out of a reportedly good Tenn High team...... Celebrate!!!

Jaden Keller really shined for THS.  He scored on both of his catches and appears to be their best player by a country mile.  They have a D1 TE but I guess they're content not throwing to him?  The offensive line has some glaring weaknesses as well as special teams, which will be hard to overcome this year.  I would put them fighting for 3rd behind Boone and Crockett this year in the region.

Come on D backs !!!!!

I can remember a time at DB when the D back field was on point , produced many College players  ... Some of the best "Volunteer/ Coaches "  at the middle school level in Kingsport retired several years ago .. I certainly know of one that did everything he could to coach the D backs  and made some great ones !.

We need some great coaches in the Middle School level ( Robinson and Sevier ) before DB becomes great again .. I heard Robinson has not done to well this year ... 0-2 ?? 

2 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

WCYB coverage is really good.  Wish they would cover DB every week ... He, he, he. Might be able to see most games again.

Yeah, secondary stinks as usual.  Defensive line looks good. Really hard to tell how bad DB is tho.  Next week should tell the story.

I was hoping DB would be really bad this yr but looks yall will be at least decent.Hate to say it as a Wildcat fan but DB will win easy next week.If you can score 10 pts u will win.Worst Oak Ridge team in a long time.I was looking forward to going back up to the nice stadium at DB but not gonna drive that far for a beating.