Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

JC Press and Kingsport Times voted DB #5 in the state poll.   The Tribe is off to a 2-0 start with a 74-19 point total.   With 0-2 Bearden coming up next, this begs the question..... Is DB really this good, or have they just played two teams who are the high school equivalent of the UT Vols?

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/09/02/Area-teams-start-afresh-in-region-play.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

JC Press and Kingsport Times voted DB #5 in the state poll.   The Tribe is off to a 2-0 start with a 74-19 point total.   With 0-2 Bearden coming up next, this begs the question..... Is DB really this good, or have they just played two teams who are the high school equivalent of the UT Vols?

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/09/02/Area-teams-start-afresh-in-region-play.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=

JC Press and Kingsport Times are a bunch of Homers. Neither one does their homework. At KT they sit in their office drinking coffee and wait for the JC Press word, then they copy and publish. There are no real reporters at either "paper".  The two teams DB has played were terrible and Bearden doesn't look much better. So I don't think we can tell very much about DB at this point. I do expect Bearden to be more of a test so maybe we'll know a little more about where this team is headed. I think this year there are a lot of team's that are down or just average that have been good in the past. DB lost two really good running backs, a defensive end and linebacker before the season started. I think that will keep them from being a "good" team as the season moves along.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

JC Press and Kingsport Times are a bunch of Homers. Neither one does their homework. At KT they sit in their office drinking coffee and wait for the JC Press word, then they copy and publish. There are no real reporters at either "paper".  The two teams DB has played were terrible and Bearden doesn't look much better. So I don't think we can tell very much about DB at this point. I do expect Bearden to be more of a test so maybe we'll know a little more about where this team is headed. I think this year there are a lot of team's that are down or just average that have been good in the past. DB lost two really good running backs, a defensive end and linebacker before the season started. I think that will keep them from being a "good" team as the season moves along.

Ah yes, REPEATERS instead of REPORTERS.    I think the same could be said for most of the media today in all categories of "news", LOL.       It does seem like a lot of previously good teams are in a slump this year.   

DB is young and they are good and will continue to only get better. Players that left have nothing to do with this tough bunch of players. 0 turnovers in 2 games and dominating 2nd half's win ballgames, that's why DB is 2-0. This is the 1st road game and will make things not so comfortable. Still expect Bearden will have a hard time scoring on the DB D and the offense will be under control. The Indians win this game, no doubt about it. 

Ouch!

There is no doubt in my mind about two things. DB is better then they have been in a while .When you are tough up front,that helps everything.There is also no doubt the loss of a couple of stud players before the season started will not help anything.Yes,some of the teams on the  DB schedule are down as well,so it's very hard to know just how good a team is until you play a proven power.That will come in the playoffs in the second or third round for sure.Before the playoffs there is a real nice game that will also be a good gauge but it's not win or go home,so DB can use it to build depth against a very fine Alcoa team.

6 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

There is no doubt in my mind about two things. DB is better then they have been in a while .When you are tough up front,that helps everything.There is also no doubt the loss of a couple of stud players before the season started will not help anything.Yes,some of the teams on the  DB schedule are down as well,so it's very hard to know just how good a team is until you play a proven power.That will come in the playoffs in the second or third round for sure.Before the playoffs there is a real nice game that will also be a good gauge but it's not win or go home,so DB can use it to build depth against a very fine Alcoa team.

That's true, but Alcoa is the last game of the season, so DB really needs to have it together before then.   But I agree, that is really the only benchmark game on the schedule, all the other opponents are mediocre.    Who knows, what if we had a 9-0 DB vs. a 9-0 Alcoa?

You guys better be careful about looking ahead to Alcoa. 2-0 against two really weak teams? These two games were the equal to a DB inter squad game with the one's going against the three's.  We're already talking about being 9-0 going into the last game? Come on guys, pull it together. After the past 7 years?

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You guys better be careful about looking ahead to Alcoa. 2-0 against two really weak teams? These two games were the equal to a DB inter squad game with the one's going against the three's.  We're already talking about being 9-0 going into the last game? Come on guys, pull it together. After the past 7 years?

You are correct .I'm by no means thinking past anyone.Just saying DB is better and some teams are weaker.To really know what you have,it's got to be against a quality team .If you don't take care of the other teams and make it to the playoffs,then there will be no worry.When that's done,we all know where the biggest test will be for DB or any 6A  team  to go west.So true that only an idiot coach would ever look past any team...……..…1171388824.JPG

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I'll say this .Yes I think the rankings ,polls,whatever they want to be called are a waste of time during the regular season and my great great great grandma could do just as good as some of those guys.HOWEVER.Let's say DB were to beat everyone on their schedule until the last game and so did Alcoa { big test for both teams }then,both they and Alcoa really wanted to see who the best team was and DB won that game as well. After that,I would say I really don't know if DB is good enough to beat the very best 6A teams in middle  or west Tennessee this year but I think you have to consider them one of the top ten teams in the state.For some local guy to pick them in the top five right now,I'll say he is just trying to kiss azz .

So basically you guys are thinking we better wait for another couple of games before we have DB storming the gates of 825 Lawrence Ave, Maryville, TN 37803 in round 3?

Blazer I’ll answer that one for you, I’ve seen a little bit of DB this year and no doubt they are improved. They could have a special year considering what they’ve done the past few years. BUT nobody is beating Maryville this year unless it’s Oakland or If they get bit by the injury bug. They are LOADED, personally I don’t think Alcoa has a chance to beat them and yes I said Alcoa. Maryville goes undefeated Imo.