Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

47 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Blazer I’ll answer that one for you, I’ve seen a little bit of DB this year and no doubt they are improved. They could have a special year considering what they’ve done the past few years. BUT nobody is beating Maryville this year unless it’s Oakland or If they get bit by the injury bug. They are LOADED, personally I don’t think Alcoa has a chance to beat them and yes I said Alcoa. Maryville goes undefeated Imo.

Only way Maryville doesn't win state this year is if Tee Hodge gets hurt

Where I couldn't find the words for one of my favorite Indians over the last couple of days,my oldest Indian put it perfectly.I hope everyone that knew  number 71 { from the DB team 10 years ago } gets to either hear or read  what number 70 wrote for him.Beautiful tribute .

Edited by BatmanDB

The Indians have gotten better from scrimmage to scrimmage and game to game and I expect that trend will continue all season. The coaching staff (and it is a good one) has 2 weeks to review films, improve on mistakes and heal up a bruise or 2. Overall I don’t know how a DB fan could not be overjoyed with this team. Improved is an understatement. 

3-0 to start with 000 turnovers. Proud of this team 

• Upvote 1

I agree .Coming into the season a lot of people thought DB might win 3 or 4 games.Now ,with the way things are looking,most people think DB will win 7-8-9,who knows.Sure there is room for improvement but it's always good to be 3-0 while your working on those things.These coaches have earned their money.Can you imagine paying a coach and staff millions and being 0-2 right now ?Image result for vols

FWIW, DB is #8 in the state 6A poll this week.

Looking at the remaining schedule (Hardin Valley, Boone, Jeff Co, Farragut, MoWest, the Hill, Alcoa)...  Who is really going to challenge the Tribe?   Alcoa for sure will be a loss, but the rest?   Maybe Jeff Co and Farragut, maybe...    So at worst DB finishes 7-3, but very likely 9-1.   And that is quite a turnaround from recent years.   But regardless of how the regular season goes, there is always that pesky little 6A team from Blount County that seems to cause everybody so much grief.....  I just do not see DB being able to hang with them in round 3

DB is going to crush Alcoa this year.  Maryville might be a little bit of a challenge, but DB will overcome.  The challenge will be Oakland who seems to be really tough again.  But being the true fan I am, DB is my pick.  Am I dreaming?  Maybe...  But until DB gets beat by another 6-A school.  I MUST BELIEVE!!!  Roll Tribe.  Have faith..  Support your local teams.

Okay....... NOBODY is going to crush Alcoa this year.    It was 3-3 last night in the 4th quarter until Maryville pulled away at the end.     I believe DB could, with a bit of luck and elimination of mistakes, beat the remaining 6A teams on the schedule.    But if they make it to round 3 against Maryville.... not happening.    But hey man, just to make it to round 3 is a great accomplishment, especially after last year not even making the playoffs.