bdp

jimb1972

8 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Tremaine played later in the 90s, Mike Thomas was the Jackets stud RB when Taylor was the TB at WH.....

Thanks, Kev

LOL, yes you are right I made that mistake and had Tremaine down instead of "Mr Football" Mike Thomas.  I can't believe I did this.  It was pointed out to me in the stands when I got to the game Friday night.  Just chalk it up to an old man's memory lapse 

it still was one heck of a football game though

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:45 AM, copacanobra said:

Portland filled their stands while they were going 0-10 every year, yet we can’t fill ours while going to the quarterfinals 5 straight years in a row? We were winning more than enough games for the fans to show up.  And to act like there hasn’t been talent since the 08 team is ridiculous.  Trent Mcewen set every receiving record, grant wicker finished top 5 in all time rushing, Kevin Jackson set a couple tackling records, Taylor wood then broke his records, and the 2012 senior class had one of the best offensive lines that White House has ever had (thats from a coaches mouth, not mine).  Also me and 8 other kids that I played with went on and played some level of college football (that’s a lot for White House).  Were we as good as the 04 and 08 teams my junior and senior year? No probably not, but we definitely had talent.  

My point is if there hadn’t of been another school in town, we probably still could’ve packed out our stands even if we weren’t winning any games.  

There has been some talent since 2008, but those teams have been soft. WH used to be tough and hard nosed (still didn’t like them).  I don’t see that out of the teams I’ve seen lately.   I know most White House fans don’t want to hear that, but it’s the truth.

This years team is not good, missed the playoffs and was even Springfield’s homecoming opponent. 

My only question is, where are all the quacks yelling BDP??

54 minutes ago, eers said:

There has been some talent since 2008, but those teams have been soft. WH used to be tough and hard nosed (still didn’t like them).  I don’t see that out of the teams I’ve seen lately.   I know most White House fans don’t want to hear that, but it’s the truth.

This years team is not good, missed the playoffs and was even Springfield’s homecoming opponent. 

My only question is, where are all the quacks yelling BDP??

I hate to say it eers, but I agree with you. Lack of toughness has been the problem.  Not lack of talent 

On 10/19/2018 at 3:45 AM, copacanobra said:

Portland filled their stands while they were going 0-10 every year, yet we can’t fill ours while going to the quarterfinals 5 straight years in a row? We were winning more than enough games for the fans to show up.  And to act like there hasn’t been talent since the 08 team is ridiculous.  Trent Mcewen set every receiving record, grant wicker finished top 5 in all time rushing, Kevin Jackson set a couple tackling records, Taylor wood then broke his records, and the 2012 senior class had one of the best offensive lines that White House has ever had (thats from a coaches mouth, not mine).  Also me and 8 other kids that I played with went on and played some level of college football (that’s a lot for White House).  Were we as good as the 04 and 08 teams my junior and senior year? No probably not, but we definitely had talent.  

My point is if there hadn’t of been another school in town, we probably still could’ve packed out our stands even if we weren’t winning any games.  

You just reiterated my point. You mentioned teams that had maybe one good player. Move those players to the 97,04,08 squad and they are just one of the guys. You have to have a good team to fill the stands. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:46 PM, Tennessee75 said:

You just reiterated my point. You mentioned teams that had maybe one good player. Move those players to the 97,04,08 squad and they are just one of the guys. You have to have a good team to fill the stands. 

Literally all those kids I mentioned were on the same team lol so no you’re still wrong 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:46 PM, Tennessee75 said:

And so you’re telling me that the teams that went to the quarterfinals from 2010-2014 were all bad teams??