Giles County eligible player forfeit wins

FBfan26

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/18/tssaa-high-school-football-giles-county-must-forfeit-five-wins-ineligible-player/1680220002/ I hate it for the district and Giles. There was no names listed so I was wondering if it was the QB. Giles look like it won the battle on Friday night but Marshall County won the war. Hate it for the kids tho.

32 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/18/tssaa-high-school-football-giles-county-must-forfeit-five-wins-ineligible-player/1680220002/ I hate it for the district and Giles. There was no names listed so I was wondering if it was the QB. Giles look like it won the battle on Friday night but Marshall County won the war. Hate it for the kids tho.

Reading the article, it sure seems like it has to be Wallace.  They were going to have to do some creative work to get him eligible two weeks before the season being that he always lived in that school district. 

9 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

I’m certain it isn’t Wallace. There were others that transferred this year. Both kids from Alabama.

Hate it for GC as a parent moving back is really outside the coaches control.

I just heard that about 2 mins ago and was going to post it. True or not the MC folks are loving in on fb lol.

I believe Giles County still has an outside shot at the playoffs .

Win out.  Have 2 of these 3 scenarios take place: 

Lincoln County wins out.  

Marshall County win 1 of 2 remaining games 

Fayette Ware wins out.

If Giles wins out and 3 of the 3 scenarios play out they win the 2nd tiebreaker over Startford & Whites County which is playing more teams that win 50% or more of their games.

If only 2 of the above 3 scenarios play out they will win on the 3rd tiebreaker which is having the greatest number of victories over teams that have won 50% or more of their games.  They will have 1 if they beat Tullahoma. 

Unless I'm missing something from the article that bans them from the playoffs.

Edited by Southtowner

26 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I believe Giles County still has an outside shot at the playoffs .

Win out.  Have 2 of these 3 scenarios take place: 

Lincoln County wins out.  

Marshall County win 1 of 2 remaining games 

Fayette Ware wins out.

If Giles wins out and 3 of the 3 scenarios play out they win the 2nd tiebreaker over Startford & Whites County which is playing more teams that win 50% or more of their games.

If only 2 of the above 3 scenarios play out they will win on the 3rd tiebreaker which is having the greatest number of victories over teams that have won 50% or more of their games.  They will have 1 if they beat Tullahoma. 

Unless I'm missing something from the article that bans them from the playoffs.

Wouldn’t the loss to Whites Creek in the head to head be the first deciding tiebreaker?

6 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

Wouldn’t the loss to Whites Creek in the head to head be the first deciding tiebreaker?

There will be a 3 way tie.  Giles County, Stratford, and Whites Creek all at 1-3 in the region and 2-8 overall.  That is if Giles wins out over Tullahoma and Stratford , and Whites Creek loses to Pearl Cohn.

So,

Giles would have beaten Stratford, Stratford would have beaten Whites Creek and Whites Creek would have beaten Giles.

First tie breaker is overall wins.