Giles County eligible player forfeit wins

FBfan26

5 hours ago, Vandychris said:

The way the article reads is that missing the playoffs and a $700 fine is part of the punishment. All the speculation about tie-breakers is naught. 

This article states differently. 

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sports/20181018/ineligible-player-forces-giles-forfeits

Giles County still has an outside shot at making the playoffs. They must win out AND Lincoln County AND Marshall County win 1 of their remaining 2 games. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

This article states differently. 

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sports/20181018/ineligible-player-forces-giles-forfeits

Giles County still has an outside shot at making the playoffs. They must win out AND Lincoln County AND Marshall County win 1 of their remaining 2 games. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

Give it up. Giles will miss the playoffs. It is part of the punishment levied by the TSSAA.

8 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Give it up. Giles will miss the playoffs. It is part of the punishment levied by the TSSAA.

Do you have proof that O'Conner had a hand in this or are you just spouting allegations? What is he supposed to do? Should he have to do a  weekly welfare check on the students home situation every week? O'Conner didn't know that one of the parents had moved and the player more than likely didn't know that a rule was broken when the parent moved. Now, the first strike was totally on O'Conner's shoulders. The second strike was a rule change in Tennessee that happened while he was in Alabama. Granted he should have inquired before letting the 8th graders work out but he didn't. Honest mistake. But to sit here and try and drag him through the mud about this incident is just being irrational.  

20 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Do you have proof that O'Conner had a hand in this or are you just spouting allegations? What is he supposed to do? Should he have to do a  weekly welfare check on the students home situation every week? O'Conner didn't know that one of the parents had moved and the player more than likely didn't know that a rule was broken when the parent moved. Now, the first strike was totally on O'Conner's shoulders. The second strike was a rule change in Tennessee that happened while he was in Alabama. Granted he should have inquired before letting the 8th graders work out but he didn't. Honest mistake. But to sit here and try and drag him through the mud about this incident is just being irrational.  

Ignorance of rules is not a valid excuse....especially when Giles County is already under the TSSAA microscope.  Believe it or not, the Wallace transfer opened EVERYONE's eyes to what may be happening at Giles County, even though this had nothing to do with Wallace.

Edited by ocac

50 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Well said Lead. Unfortunately with forums such as this, it gives those who have no concrete evidence or insight to the situation the ability and right to spew nonsense. I’ll be the first to place blame on OC for the first offense but he had no control over this one.

Heck, the student in question attended GC for a semester last year after football was over. On top of all this, the kid barely even played this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 2001Bobcat said:

Well said Lead. Unfortunately with forums such as this, it gives those who have no concrete evidence or insight to the situation the ability and right to spew nonsense. I’ll be the first to place blame on OC for the first offense but he had no control over this one.

Heck, the student in question attended GC for a semester last year after football was over. On top of all this, the kid barely even played this year. 

The court of public opinion is just down right ridiculous anymore.