Giles County eligible player forfeit wins

FBfan26

Here is the tie breaking rules:

B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. (After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.) D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.): 1. The team with the greatest number of victories. 2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games. 3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games. 4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. 5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. 6. Coin Flip  

Let's say that Giles wins their last 2 games and ends up 2-8 overall and 1-3 in the region.  

Under that scenario:

Stratford would be 2-8 (1-3)

Whites Creek would be 2-8 (1-3)

Giles would be 2-8 (1-3)

Stratford beat Whites Creek

Whites Creek beat Giles 

Giles "will have" beaten Stratford 

Overall wins = the same (2)

Common Region results = the same (1-3)

The next tiebreaker would be the total number of .500+ opponents played.  Stratford's number of opponents with that mark would put them as the #3 seed ahead of the other two teams.  That's when it would go back to the head-to-head result for the #4 seed.  Whites Creek would hold a 1-0 forfeit victory over Giles County and that gets them the #4 seed.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Let's say that Giles wins their last 2 games and ends up 2-8 overall and 1-3 in the region.  

Under that scenario:

Stratford would be 2-8 (1-3)

Whites Creek would be 2-8 (1-3)

Giles would be 2-8 (1-3)

Stratford beat Whites Creek

Whites Creek beat Giles 

Giles "will have" beaten Stratford 

Overall wins = the same (2)

Common Region results = the same (1-3)

The next tiebreaker would be the total number of .500+ opponents played.  Stratford's number of opponents with that mark would put them as the #3 seed ahead of the other two teams.  That's when it would go back to the head-to-head result for the #4 seed.  Whites Creek would hold a 1-0 forfeit victory over Giles County and that gets them the #4 seed.  

If Lincoln County wins out and Marshall County wins 1 of their 2 remaining games and Fayette Ware wins out, Giles will have played more teams that won 50% or more of their games and win the 2nd tiebreaker. 

If only 2 of the above teams complete that scenario then Giles County and Startford will be tied on the 2nd tiebreaker. In which case If Giles wins out and has the win over Tullahoma then they will win over Stratford on the 3rd tiebreaker which is how many victories came against teams that won 50% or more of their games.  Giles will have 1 and Stratford won't have any.

Edited by Southtowner

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

If Lincoln County wins out and Marshall County wins 1 of their 2 remaining games and Fayette Ware wins out, Giles will have played more teams that won 50% or more of their games and win the 2nd tiebreaker. 

If only 2 of the above teams complete that scenario then Giles County and Startford will be tied on the 2nd tiebreaker. In which case If Giles wins out and has the win over Tullahoma then they will win over Stratford on the 3rd tiebreaker which is how many victories came against teams that won 50% or more of their games.  Giles will have 1 and Stratford won't have any.

Well you can kiss the Fayette Ware winning out scenario out the window because they got beat by McNairy Central like 49-0

5 minutes ago, bobcat93 said:

Well you can kiss the Fayette Ware winning out scenario out the window because they got beat by McNairy Central like 49-0

There's still Lincoln County winning out and Marshall County winning 1 of their 2 remaining games.  That will give them the same number of teams played that won 50% or more of their games same as Stratford.  Then the 3rd tiebreaker is how many wins one has over teams that won 50% or more of their games.  If Giles wins out they will have a win over Tullahoma and they have won 50% or more of their games while Stratford won't have any.  

So that possibility is still alive.

Edited by Southtowner