Giles County eligible player forfeit wins

FBfan26

This "bona fide" change of residence rule is a big load of crap!!  Just make it a year from the last game of varsity participation and these coaches will quit trying to get kids to move and play for their school.  Look at Bishop- oh Blaine thought his kid would be better off at Indy so just up and move so he can play there instead.  It's corrupt every where.  Make them sit a year and that will keep everyone on the same line.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hawse40 said:

Honorable thing to do would also to award "Cowbell '  to LCHS .. You broke rules , given a loss and no playoffs .. Easy to avoid situation like this... follow rules,,, Do what's right ... 

They aren’t banned from the playoffs if they still win the tiebreakers. Why talk in absolutes about something you clearly don’t understand enough to make such statements?

1 hour ago, Hawse40 said:

Honorable thing to do would also to award "Cowbell '  to LCHS .. You broke rules , given a loss and no playoffs .. Easy to avoid situation like this... follow rules,,, Do what's right ... 

If I was Lawrence County I’d be ashamed to even ask for the bell back with how they played in that ballgame. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

This article states differently. 

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sports/20181018/ineligible-player-forces-giles-forfeits

Giles County still has an outside shot at making the playoffs. They must win out AND Lincoln County AND Marshall County win 1 of their remaining 2 games. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

If that is the case.If someone from Marshall Co. say a coach turned Giles Co.in.And for Giles Co. to make the playoffs they have to win out and Lincoln Co. and Marshall Co.has to win at least one if there final two games.You can kiss that scenario goodbye as well.If Marshall Co. has already clinched a playoff spot I guarantee you they lose their final two games so Giles Co.will not make it even if they win out

1 minute ago, bobcat93 said:

If that is the case.If someone from Marshall Co. say a coach turned Giles Co.in.And for Giles Co. to make the playoffs they have to win out and Lincoln Co. and Marshall Co.has to win at least one if there final two games.You can kiss that scenario goodbye as well.If Marshall Co. has already clinched a playoff spot I guarantee you they lose their final two games so Giles Co.will not make it even if they win out

That would be really dumb to do as MC can move up in the standings.

16 minutes ago, bobcat93 said:

That is the case.  Giles County is eligible to make the playoffs this year according to the TSSAA.  Their only penalty was the forfeiture of the games and the fine.

Whether or not they make it is entirely up to them winning out and Lincoln County and Marshall County winning at least one of their remaining 2 games. 

These are facts. They have yet to be eliminated regardless of what has been said. 

23 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This, and the post where the kid has already transferred back to his previous school really makes me wonder who the snitch is.?.?.?

Everyone knows who the snitches are. It doesn’t surprise anyone. With that said, rules and rules and they were being bent.

Pretty harsh penalty and unfortunately will make the player ineligible for baseball as well at GC and his previous school unless he changes addresses and moves to another non-Tennessee school.