Giles County eligible player forfeit wins

FBfan26

18 minutes ago, 2001Bobcat said:

You are way off. Better check your sources. The kid tore his ACL at the end of the summer. That was the reason for the brace and lack of playing time. His parents did not report the violation. That was reported by a nearby coaching staff. I will leave it at that. 

Please show the proof from that! Other than hearsay you can't! Everyone nearby has heard that rumor and I get it, it let's people point the finger and feel better about it being a rival schools fault for ending the season but bottom line is you have no proof of that and the coaching staff got theirselves in this mess by having 3 different kids move in to potentially play qb from 3 different schools. You don't think all 3 of those schools were equally pissed? Lol but nah you know for sure it was that one certain school because you HEARD it from someone that really knows. How about put the blame on the actual ones responsible for it and not at the alleged whistleblower?!? 

45 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

Please show the proof from that! Other than hearsay you can't! Everyone nearby has heard that rumor and I get it, it let's people point the finger and feel better about it being a rival schools fault for ending the season but bottom line is you have no proof of that and the coaching staff got theirselves in this mess by having 3 different kids move in to potentially play qb from 3 different schools. You don't think all 3 of those schools were equally pissed? Lol but nah you know for sure it was that one certain school because you HEARD it from someone that really knows. How about put the blame on the actual ones responsible for it and not at the alleged whistleblower?!? 

WOW...pizzpatriot ends his post with "can anyone verify this?", and you take it as the gospel, yet 2001Bobcat makes a statement, and you argue every point. Personal feelings involved?

1 hour ago, 2001Bobcat said:

You are way off. Better check your sources. The kid tore his ACL at the end of the summer. That was the reason for the brace and lack of playing time. His parents did not report the violation. That was reported by a nearby coaching staff. I will leave it at that. 

Thanks for the reply ‘01. Was it a coaching staff to the north or west of ya’ll? Curious how another coaching staff would even have that info.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:36 PM, RidinSplinters said:

Wow, very sad IF it's true for that kid and all of the kids to have their season ended by actions that petty old men made and they call theirselves coaches. 

Fixed it for you tradertwo, whose fault is it then? Say If a crime happens and several people see it but no one says anything but the same person commits the same crime again and again and finally someone turns that person in, is it the person that turns them in fault? Or the person committing the crime? Or what about the people that knew and never said anything? Nothing personal here, I'm a high school sports fan and have no kids and don't work in any school. I pay my admission at the gate like any other fan. Just pretty sad that most parents of kids are brainwashed and only see it for the way of heir kids team or school. Also kids getting punished for the mistakes of coaches is just sad, doesn't teach them the right way about doing things in life either. 

Edited by RidinSplinters

4 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I'm just tripping it's this many files county fans on coacht. I made a post week 3 and cant only get 1 to comment lol oan I wonder with republic coming to the region do Giles try to go back with Fairview

Giles County would probably do themselves a huge favor if they played up to Class 4A and went in the region with Maplewood, Marshall, Tullahoma, Nolensville, Lawrence, Spring Hill, etc.  Their current region with the Metro schools hurts them financially honestly and with RePublic coming to 3A it's only going to add a game to their schedule that doesn't generate a big gate.  

Why would they be moved to Region 6?  Region 5 (with RePublic at the 3A level) would have 6 teams with Giles County.  Region 6 already has 6 teams.  Not only that but Giles County is a lot further from Stewart County and Camden than they are from Metro-Nashville.  This whole plan is based off of saving "travel time/cost" and Giles County is stuck as long as they choose to play in the current-3A.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Giles County would probably do themselves a huge favor if they played up to Class 4A and went in the region with Maplewood, Marshall, Tullahoma, Nolensville, Lawrence, Spring Hill, etc.  Their current region with the Metro schools hurts them financially honestly and with RePublic coming to 3A it's only going to add a game to their schedule that doesn't generate a big gate.  

Why would they be moved to Region 6?  Region 5 (with RePublic at the 3A level) would have 6 teams with Giles County.  Region 6 already has 6 teams.  Not only that but Giles County is a lot further from Stewart County and Camden than they are from Metro-Nashville.  This whole plan is based off of saving "travel time/cost" and Giles County is stuck as long as they choose to play in the current-3A.  

Stratford literally brought 8 fans with them Friday night. The lack of attendance from opponents this year really sucked the life and fun environment out of the games for sure.

Edited by 2001Bobcat

21 hours ago, RidinSplinters said:

Fixed it for you tradertwo, whose fault is it then? Say If a crime happens and several people see it but no one says anything but the same person commits the same crime again and again and finally someone turns that person in, is it the person that turns them in fault? Or the person committing the crime? Or what about the people that knew and never said anything? Nothing personal here, I'm a high school sports fan and have no kids and don't work in any school. I pay my admission at the gate like any other fan. Just pretty sad that most parents of kids are brainwashed and only see it for the way of heir kids team or school. Also kids getting punished for the mistakes of coaches is just sad, doesn't teach them the right way about doing things in life either. 

You misunderstood...I didn't align myself with either theory, just thought it odd that in a he said/she said type comment that you went all in on the recruiting story, and demanded proof when someone countered with a reasonable explanation. I completely agree with you...if a violation occurs and someone has proof, I believe that it's their duty to call attention to it.

I find it very interesting that you worded the highlighted portion as you did, because that's pretty much exactly the position you took when you accepted the scenario of recruiting, and rejected the other by demanding proof and calling it heresay… especially since the poster finished the one you believe with "can anyone verify this?". 

You lost me completely with the last part...I haven't heard anything, I certainly haven't placed blame on anyone, and as for me "knowing anything about one certain school"...I'm in the dark.

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I don’t think TSSAA is going to do Giles County any favors. They will remain exactly where they are if they remain in 3A.  They requested to be moved 2 years ago, but were shut down.  They should just move up to 4A.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You misunderstood...I didn't align myself with either theory, just thought it odd that in a he said/she said type comment that you went all in on the recruiting story, and demanded proof when someone countered with a reasonable explanation. I completely agree with you...if a violation occurs and someone has proof, I believe that it's their duty to call attention to it.

I find it very interesting that you worded the highlighted portion as you did, because that's pretty much exactly the position you took when you accepted the scenario of recruiting, and rejected the other by demanding proof and calling it heresay… especially since the poster finished the one you believe with "can anyone verify this?". 

You lost me completely with the last part...I haven't heard anything, I certainly haven't placed blame on anyone, and as for me "knowing anything about one certain school"...I'm in the dark.

Yes you are right, I worded that poorly. I just want the kids to decide their season and not adults making bad choices that affect the kids, that's all. 

10 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Remember they requested the move but it was denied by the tssaa when we said where dropping to 3a

• 2 weeks later...

Sombody has to have the correct information here. Had heard some talk last Friday night at our game pertaining to speculation about the cause and, or who reported. Then, just today while talking football, more things came to light.

So, tell me if this is correct. Now, if it is, it is truly unbelieveable as in one literally cannot make this up!

Team A has a coach who got in trouble because he was recruiting/providing a ride share program for a potential player for team B. Team B called the T$$AA and team A had a coach suspended. Then, kid plays three years for team A then transfers to team B. Team A calls the T$$AA and gets team B knocked out of playoffs.

Ok. I can see the irony of all of this. Especially when the the HC for team B used to coach for team A and the coach for team A that got in trouble was supposedly a former star player for team B. I think all of this is crazy but ok.

Now, the family of the kid who transferred back and forth is claiming it was a certain coach from team A that called the T$$AA. That this certain coach was the coach who got suspended for the ride share program. And, not only that but that this coach, the one for team A, who is still in the playoffs, his mother is the principal for team B!

The question I have; could anyone have made this up? If you ask me, and no one has, this is loco as our daughter would say!