Possible transfer rule change

Indian

2 hours ago, TrenchDawg said:

So the way I understand this is kids will get one transfer punishment free if it is to a different classification or division. Other than that it has to be outside the 20 mile radius. Is that what everyone else understands it as? 

That’s what I read, but that doesn’t really work with public schools. If a family has to move to a different location and the student has no option but to ride the bus, should the kid be punished if it’s within 20 miles?

On 10/19/2018 at 8:46 AM, TrenchDawg said:

So the way I understand this is kids will get one transfer punishment free if it is to a different classification or division. Other than that it has to be outside the 20 mile radius. Is that what everyone else understands it as? 

That’s not correct. Kid can only transfer once regardless of area of living!

10 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

That’s not correct. Kid can only transfer once regardless of area of living!

Right, but after that one transfer if they transfer again it must be outside of 20 miles. I dont really have a problem with this. There are kids in some areas that play for 3 or 4 different high schools, without moving. If a parent has to move then no worries, they have one transfer without penalty. I feel like its pretty unlikely for a parent to move twice within a 20 mile radius in the span of four years. If this is not the right solution then something needs to be done because the way it is handled now is terrible.