TSSAA MID CYCLE ENROLLMENTS

Southtowner

15 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

2-year is the absolute minimum obviously! You have to be able to play home-and-home in Region games and Non-Region games for that matter. Common sense. Changing to a 2-year cycle would be more fair as quick as many of these school districts are growing, but such is life I guess? Obviously, an annual re-classification is laughable for the scheduling purposes and balance mentioned above.

We may get reclassification every 2 years some day.  But right now 20% growth or decrease over a 2 year period seems to work.

You'll always have those teams on the fringe of a class that could go either way whether it's 1 year, 2 years or 4. 

9 minutes ago, RTD said:

That's not fair to teams in the region with Cascade TC and Watertown already have a hard time scheduling games that's why TC at 2a are having t schedule teams that are 5a and 6a and make 2-3 hour road trips an hour drive for a region game for Cascade isn't that bad compared to travel of the other team's would have to have to schedule another non region game take Trousdale for example they are having to look at teams in Ky they have even had to play team from Alabama because teams close to Trousdale refuse to play them and the teams from farther away will not travel to TC so, in my opinion, only reason Cascade wants to move is because they can't compete in the region they are in now or if they move another team should be forced to take Cascade place in the region

Who said Cascade wants to move?? Not me! I have no idea what Cascade wants and don’t really care. I would think it natural that they be placed with Community (a fellow Bedford County school) and Forrest, longtime rivals. Obviously, that’s a TSSAA call and it won’t matter anyway if Eagleville stays in 2A. I could not care less about Trousdale County or their scheduling issues. Cry me a river! A powerhouse program complaining about scheduling is laughable! I can promise nobody cares about such an insignificant whining complaint.

Edited by sportsguy22
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

It doesn't matter what next year's enrollment will be or could be.  The enrollment numbers reported in Sept 2018 will determine any mid cycle movement for next 2 years.

Ever feel like you're butting a brick wall? I've heard (and read) so much "cutoff number", "so ol' so&so is moving up/down now?" and prognosticating about CURRENT enrollment numbers that my head hurts...so here goes!

Current enrollment numbers are insignificant this year with one exception...which I will state at the bottom of the post in order NOT to confuse people.

Reclassification happens every four years as planned, unless some outside influence causes a two year cycle.

Reclassification does not involve a "cutoff number" but an ideally equal split involving all TSSAA member schools for "major sports"...three classes divided equally among baseball, basketball, ect… and then those classes are equally split again for football. Example...1A bb is 1A/2A football...2A bb is 3A/4A football.

Here's where it gets tricky (not). Enrollment numbers are published in non cycle years to discern if a school has grown or reduced by 20% or greater...if so, and the NEW enrollment causes the school to jump or fall into a different classification, they will move. If the 20% increase or decrease doesn't align the school with a larger/smaller classification, they remain where they are currently placed.

Just for kicks...if you see in the new numerical listing of member schools that _______* would be moving up or down this year, it doesn't matter!!! 

Also...if you happen to notice that the classes aren't perfectly even, the "odd" number is usually aligned with the lower classification. One last thing...schools are afforded the option to "play up" in class if they desire. Maryville has a sub 6A enrollment, but petitioned TSSAA to join the 6A classification, as have some others.

* fill in the blank with school of choice.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Ever feel like you're butting a brick wall? I've heard (and read) so much "cutoff number", "so ol' so&so is moving up/down now?" and prognosticating about CURRENT enrollment numbers that my head hurts...so here goes!

Current enrollment numbers are insignificant this year with one exception...which I will state at the bottom of the post in order NOT to confuse people.

Reclassification happens every four years as planned, unless some outside influence causes a two year cycle.

Reclassification does not involve a "cutoff number" but an ideally equal split involving all TSSAA member schools for "major sports"...three classes divided equally among baseball, basketball, ect… and then those classes are equally split again for football. Example...1A bb is 1A/2A football...2A bb is 3A/4A football.

Here's where it gets tricky (not). Enrollment numbers are published in non cycle years to discern if a school has grown or reduced by 20% or greater...if so, and the NEW enrollment causes the school to jump or fall into a different classification, they will move. If the 20% increase or decrease doesn't align the school with a larger/smaller classification, they remain where they are currently placed.

Just for kicks...if you see in the new numerical listing of member schools that _______* would be moving up or down this year, it doesn't matter!!! 

Also...if you happen to notice that the classes aren't perfectly even, the "odd" number is usually aligned with the lower classification. One last thing...schools are afforded the option to "play up" in class if they desire. Maryville has a sub 6A enrollment, but petitioned TSSAA to join the 6A classification, as have some others.

taxi-drive-clap.gif

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Who said Cascade wants to move?? Not me! I have no idea what Cascade wants and don’t really care. I would think it natural that they be placed with Community (a fellow Bedford County school) and Forrest, longtime rivals. Obviously, that’s a TSSAA call and it won’t matter anyway if Eagleville stays in 2A. I could not care less about Trousdale County or their scheduling issues. Cry me a river! A powerhouse program complaining about scheduling is laughable! I can promise nobody cares about such an insignificant whining complaint.

Nobody said you cared I do understand that you don't know what's its like to have gold balls in your trophy case so you couldn't know what's its like  

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

The TSSAA has updated their website showing who all had a 20% increase or decrease.  Just remember if the 20% increase or decrease isn't sufficient enough to move one out of their respective class they're not going anywhere. 

http://tssaa.org/2018-high-school-enrollments/

So are all teams in the TC region are at the 20% decrease accept for Watertown and Westmoreland  if im reading it the right way so TC, ER, and Cascade all have < 20 so all 3 of those teams can move down

5 hours ago, RTD said:

So are all teams in the TC region are at the 20% decrease accept for Watertown and Westmoreland  if im reading it the right way so TC, ER, and Cascade all have < 20 so all 3 of those teams can move down

From what I see H20 and Westy both are <20%

On 10/26/2018 at 4:18 PM, tradertwo said:

Maryville was sub 6A when there was the "Super 32". At that time we played up and Lavernge got to drop to 5A. We fall within the current 6A enrollment numbers. The "Super 49" teams of current 6A. 6A needs about 64 teams in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, RTD said:

So if it shows <20% that means the increase/decrease was less than 20% either way, the teams that have a chance to move will have a +21 or higher or a -21 and lower. 

On 10/26/2018 at 12:41 PM, sportsguy22 said:

Current enrollment! Next year, the projection is 250 or so...easily within the 1A window. However, they may choose to stay 2A the next two years. Just not sure.

Our number we turned was 360, and we are sitting at like 349 today, it goes by the number your admins turned in.