Hendersonville @ Mt. Juliet

Yalfan

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As far as what my worries and concerns are for MJ in this game it ALL has to do with the AT TIMES inept offense we have. They have struggled here and there (lost our starting QB for the season our last preseason scrimmage), the biggest issues I see is an inexperienced  but athletic QB, an Oline that has been pushed around too much at times, and some bad play calling . on the contrary they can strike quick thanks to the plethora of options we have at running back and receiver. Our defense is stronger than ever, against station camp we only let up a kickoff for a TD, against Gallatin we let up a FG, shutout Overton, let up 10 to Lebanon, with most games our 2's being put into play against the opponents starters. With the defense definitely being our strong suit, I see our offense being able to string together enough big plays and our defense doing what it does best, to another nice victory against a strong athletically gifted HHS team.

Can anyone inform me on the HHS defense in detail?

HHS has good speed and size up front Rockom can be an absolute terror to contain and will be in the backfield all night being disruptive.  They play solid on the edges and get lateral pretty quick. I would say that if you can keep them on the field they do soften near the end of the 3r qtr... But the key is stringing together long sustaining drives. They are not exceptionally big at the safety spot, and jump ball can be played with tall wide outs. I look for this to be the toughest test so far for the Bears.  HHS will likely give them a heavy dose of the run option and try to bait the Bears in and hit them over the top for the big plays. Should be a great game. This will be a tough match for Blackman in week 2 of the playoffs with either team. Good luck stay healthy and see one you fellas soon. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

As far as what my worries and concerns are for MJ in this game it ALL has to do with the AT TIMES inept offense we have. They have struggled here and there (lost our starting QB for the season our last preseason scrimmage), the biggest issues I see is an inexperienced  but athletic QB, an Oline that has been pushed around too much at times, and some bad play calling . on the contrary they can strike quick thanks to the plethora of options we have at running back and receiver. Our defense is stronger than ever, against station camp we only let up a kickoff for a TD, against Gallatin we let up a FG, shutout Overton, let up 10 to Lebanon, with most games our 2's being put into play against the opponents starters. With the defense definitely being our strong suit, I see our offense being able to string together enough big plays and our defense doing what it does best, to another nice victory against a strong athletically gifted HHS team.

Can anyone inform me on the HHS defense in detail?

Re: "Lost our starting QB for the season our last preseason scrimmage"

What are you talking about here? Alvin Mixon was always going to be the starting quarterback for Mt. Juliet this season.

Are you maybe referring to Jorie Green? If so, he was clearly the backup quarterback and it wasn't close. His condition has not hampered Mt. Juliet on the field even in the least this season.