Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game

kwc

14 minutes ago, TraderB said:

Whitehaven Tigers  37    --    Germantown Red Devils  34

Bottom line:   Whitehaven wins in an old-fashioned shootout!!

Well, well, well. If it isn't TraderB himself. This has officially become the game of the week if you are here posting. Good to see you my friend.

A shoot out you say? Hmm ... Could be ... could be indeed. 

I take it that you will be at the game then?

Edited by kwc

19 minutes ago, TraderB said:

Whitehaven Tigers  37    --    Germantown Red Devils  34

Having seen both of these teams play, I think that (despite their respective records) these two teams are very equally matched!   In the end, however, Whitehaven's passing game will prove to be the difference in the game. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I attended the Gtwn - Central game.

I'll say this much -- credit to Gtwn's smallish, but fast defense for creating most of those short fields for its offense (the kicking game helped tremendously, as well).   This feat was made exponentially easier for Gtwn, given Central's 100% INEPT, non-existent passing game.   Thus, Gtwn was able to load up the box virtually all night long, throttling Central's (very predicable) running game.     The result:   If my memory is working, I think that ALL of Gtwns TDs "drives" were of 40 yards or less??

Gtwn was very fortunate that Central's QB clearly lacked the necessary passing skills with which to hit the frequent/many open receivers.  He was basically just chunking the ball up into the general direction of the intended receiver....

Note:   as for Gtwn's secondary player(s) injuries incurred during the game, Central's receivers were actually getting very much open even before those injuries occurred.

Whitehaven has more playmakers than does Germantown and, especially, Central.   Importantly, Whitehaven's QB will expose Gtwn's secondary and probably have a near career passing night, seriously!   Additionally, should Whitehaven have passing-success early, then I strongly suspect that it will open up lanes in its running game, especially if the Tigers stick with 4 wide-outs vs two.

In my observation,  Gtwn has a better defense than Whitehaven.    So, expect the Red Devils to move the ball up and down the field and put up its fair share of points on Whitehaven's defense.   Unfortunately for Gtwn, however, its secondary will prove to be the weak link in its defensive armor.

Bottom line:   Whitehaven wins in an old-fashioned shootout!!

Once again Trader. We haven't seen the real Whitehaven D. We've been playing without sometimes five starters who are back now.

Edited by dannyq

50 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

KWC it’s ironic that this is coming from Collierville who just opened a brand new multi million dollar school and are accepting some form of tuition from students who are outside  of their school zone to pay to attend..

You know, I don't have a problem with them charging out-of-zone students tuition. Even though it's like double dipping. I don't understand it all. They won't be the first either. Other schools around the state do the very same thing.

It's the whole attitude to isolate students that gets me. Why do you care what school some child attends in the first place? 

Edited by kwc

On 10/20/2018 at 12:12 PM, kwc said:

Both are undefeated in Region 8, 6A. Germantown is 9-0 with a 19 game win streak. The Haven is 7-2 on the season with losses to last years D2-2A state champ, Lausanne, and last year's Arkansas 7A state champ, North Little Rock.  Both of whom are undefeated currently.

So, who are you rolling with in this one? how do you think this one plays out? Let's get it started!

We will beat them... be back later for reasoning and rationale 

Just now, Respect901fball said:

No, I wasn't at the Whitehaven vs. White Station game. 

Well they only scored 10 points on offense. DaHaven had two turnovers for touchdowns. The officials called back two Haven touchdowns. Haven probably had 200 yards of penalties. The officials have made it their buisness to only throw flags on the Haven and the team they play no matter how bad the record seems to play perfect football.

9 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

We shall win this game off of being focused and motivated alone. As long as the OC calls a solid game I see Whitehaven doin what we've been doing to Germantown since 2010, whoopin them. 

DaHaven 35

G-Town     21.

I'm being generous with the 21!

9 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Super generous lol

what are ya'll basing this on???  Emotions?? I understand y'all are fans but come on man. 

Same thing was said last year when they went to Whitehaven and won.  I get it though. 

Just now, Respect901fball said:

DaHaven 35

G-Town     21.

I'm being generous with the 21!

what are ya'll basing this on???  Emotions?? I understand y'all are fans but come on man. 

Same thing was said last year when they went to Whitehaven and won.  I get it though. 

Do you remember that game?

• CoachT changed the title to Whitehaven at Germantown - The 2018 Region 8, 6A Title Game