GCA hosts Chattanooga Christian

gcapride

2 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

I actually think CCS should be favored. The way they played ND tough for a half makes me favor the Chargers. 

I think both defenses will have a hard time stopping the opposing offenses. Whoever makes the big stop wins. 

I know you personally saw our pass defense against Baylor ... and it was bad. That's probably the only team that's tried to pass much against CCS this year.

But with rain in the forecast, I'm hoping that will slow down the Grace passing attack.

CCS will have to score more than 7 points to get this win, which is all they scored against Webb & ND. 

5 hours ago, volahol said:

Respectfully disagree, I'm thinking Grace by at least a touchdown.

I would have said Grace by at least 14 at beginning of the year. I do think CCS’s back is really a load. Should be a good game & may depend on how healthy Ellison is: I think he has sat out parts of games, and maybe an entire game earlier this year. 

Edited by FootballFan51

2 hours ago, OLDad said:

I know you personally saw our pass defense against Baylor ... and it was bad. That's probably the only team that's tried to pass much against CCS this year.

But with rain in the forecast, I'm hoping that will slow down the Grace passing attack.

CCS will have to score more than 7 points to get this win, which is all they scored against Webb & ND. 

If I remember right, it poured in our game at CCS last year. Rain won't stop us from passing, but CCS's defense might. From the looks of the film, CCS has improved across the board compared to last year's team. This game comes down to who makes the least mistakes in the weather and sound tackling. One thing's for sure, I know we won't have as many personal foul penalties as we normally do. That can't hurt! Safe travels to you and your crew on Friday.  

5 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

One thing's for sure, I know we won't have as many personal foul penalties as we normally do. That can't hurt!

I skimmed the ND and the Silverdale game. I noticed a change on the D Line but wondered if it was injury related... was that what was spoke of as “helmet-gate” also?  Just trying to read through some lines from Nashville :lol:

And, my guess is you’re close to #26? He’s a good looking athlete. Looks like he might be thinking about your alma mater as I recall?

8 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

I skimmed the ND and the Silverdale game. I noticed a change on the D Line but wondered if it was injury related... was that what was spoke of as “helmet-gate” also?  Just trying to read through some lines from Nashville :lol:

And, my guess is you’re close to #26? He’s a good looking athlete. Looks like he might be thinking about your alma mater as I recall?

You've seen a bunch of changes in our team. Gosh, I hope that was ok to say!!!  :rolleyes: 

Thanks...He's a decent athlete who could've saved his 529 for grad school. However, unless The Good Lord just steps in and completely changes his thought process, he's headed to UT's nuclear, chem or bio"something" engineering program in the fall. My alma mater doesn't have engineering, and Brohm n Cut have their '19 TEs committed. Before I start crying, thinking about it, I need to go check my Powerball tickets!!! :( 

Before I go....I will say this.....I am EXTREMELY proud of him for making a mature, independent decision for himself that he knew nobody (and I mean nobody) would understand. He's going to do very well in whatever he ends up pursuing. And, he'll make one heck of a Pete Wheeler or Pablo Sanchez on the rec league fields and courts at UT! 

Dang it!!! Missed every number...... Conference call is over....gotta go back to work.

6 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

You've seen a bunch of changes in our team. Gosh, I hope that was ok to say!!!  :rolleyes: 

Thanks...He's a decent athlete who could've saved his 529 for grad school. However, unless The Good Lord just steps in and completely changes his thought process, he's headed to UT's nuclear, chem or bio"something" engineering program in the fall. My alma mater doesn't have engineering, and Brohm n Cut have their '19 TEs committed. Before I start crying, thinking about it, I need to go check my Powerball tickets!!! :( 

Before I go....I will say this.....I am EXTREMELY proud of him for making a mature, independent decision for himself that he knew nobody (and I mean nobody) would understand. He's going to do very well in whatever he ends up pursuing. And, he'll make one heck of a Pete Wheeler or Pablo Sanchez on the rec league fields and courts at UT! 

Dang it!!! Missed every number...... Conference call is over....gotta go back to work.

Sounds like a great student also, mature decision making like that is always more impressive than athletic gifts. Getting a jump on real life. That’s what I called it when I was little older than him. It was almost 30 years before I started playing the “what if” game in my head... But logic kicks backs back in quickly. 

59 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

Sounds like a great student also, mature decision making like that is always more impressive than athletic gifts. Getting a jump on real life. That’s what I called it when I was little older than him. It was almost 30 years before I started playing the “what if” game in my head... But logic kicks backs back in quickly. 

Yes, he's like his mother, thank The Lord for that! He's an excellent student. I honestly don't know how he keeps up with all of it playing three sports, but he does.  

I'm sure someday, he'll look back at things and wonder....what if I had gone to______________? I did. But, then I always look at the blessings (my family I don't deserve) I have now that I would not have had, if I had gone ahead and played, instead of going to the good school for an education. Then again, I didn't have all of the unique options he does.

My prayer has always been through this process that he follows where he feels The Lord is leading him AND that his mother and I will have a peace about it. I can't know that he's done that for sure, but I know he sure went against conventional wisdom, so I am pretty sure he is listening to the right voice. I'll hopefully get that peace I'm looking for sooner than later. His momma is just happy he's going to be close to home a little longer. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

These guys are afraid to say anything that might upset their apple cart and i guess i can see that.To answer your question about "Helmet Gate" which is my Trademarked phrase from here on.:roflolk:

Yes #50 is gone!There you go Raisem and you didnt have to get your hands dirty.LOL!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

These guys are afraid to say anything that might upset their apple cart and i guess i can see that.To answer your question about "Helmet Gate" which is my Trademarked phrase from here on.:roflolk:

Yes #50 is gone!There you go Raisem and you didnt have to get your hands dirty.LOL!

Thank you. Wouldn't want that!!! :roll:

On 10/24/2018 at 10:32 PM, BreadTruck44 said:

thinkin the young mans last trip down to Vermont Ave sent him flyin over the cookoos nest.....had an early exit form the competition w/out a helmet.....was not treated very well by our trenchers.....couldnt b moved when his brain housin group was on tight.....hopefully he regroups and becomes the better for it

gonna b a bit of a challenge for u Karn Baptist.....but Booger pullin for the Snake Ranglers to eek one out gainst St Elmo's Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly from just off Broad St on Charger Drive.....

...tell ole Rusty to be lookin for the scissor signal...when he sees it...chunk that pigskin cause they want b no pass rush....all their trenchers will have their eyes close and b divin their face mask into the fake grass  

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger