GCA hosts Chattanooga Christian

gcapride

Bittersweet night for this dad. We got a much needed win with a much needed balanced attack. And, that defense.......so much fun to see those guys flying around. One more incredibly important thing to note......only 3 flags for 22 yards......OUTSTANDING!!!! I think ole Pride is on to something. :) 

We for sure caught a break with #3 having to sit out for noggin' reasons. We've had enough of our own dings and bells ringing. I sure hope he gets healthy and gets to show off his talents next week.

As for our Rams....its off to FRA. We've got a lot of work to do between now and then.

In the meantime, I'll just be glad that my boy saved his best overall game for his last game at Jerry Disney Sports Complex. Been watching him play on that field for what seems like forever. The last one, wherever its at, is gonna hurt something awful. This one was bad enough.  

Good luck to all teams headed to the playoffs!

Congratulations to Grace on the win.

From the opening coin toss (which CCS deferred and spotted the home team a 7-0 lead a minute & 20 seconds into the game), CCS never had a chance. It was a total mismatch of football playing.

I've watched 10 weeks of DII-AA East football and Grace gets MY AWARDS this year for the following:

• Best National Anthem
  • Almost the best prayer - JK
  • The best QB (by far)
  • The best receiving group
  • The best offensive coordinator
  • The best kicker (don't really know about the punter since we never saw him)

As for CCS ... I'll simply say that our players deserve better. The game plan didn't give them a chance to win, but we have the athletes.

Good luck to Grace in the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Congratulations to Grace on the win.

From the opening coin toss (which CCS deferred and spotted the home team a 7-0 lead a minute & 20 seconds into the game), CCS never had a chance. It was a total mismatch of football playing.

I've watched 10 weeks of DII-AA East football and Grace gets MY AWARDS this year for the following:

• Best National Anthem
  • Almost the best prayer - JK
  • The best QB (by far)
  • The best receiving group
  • The best offensive coordinator
  • The best kicker (don't really know about the punter since we never saw him)

As for CCS ... I'll simply say that our players deserve better. The game plan didn't give them a chance to win, but we have the athletes.

Good luck to Grace in the playoffs.

Thank you Dad! You're too kind, though I agree on the QB. When he has time and the defense has to respect the new balanced attack, he's awfully good. You already know what I think about one of the receivers....totally biased take of course. :)  

I can understand your frustrations. You've got a stable of athletes. Why you ever passed one time, let alone 17, is beyond me. I've got to believe if #3 comes back 100%, you'll be a handful for Webb next week.

That poor little gal was about to have a stroke on that prayer....lol. There's no way you could've gotten me to do that in that environment at that age!

We'll need all of the divine intervention we can get starting next week. I wish you all well in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, gfd709 said:

Sounds like removing that cancer from yalls team is working!

C'mon now.....that's completely uncalled for. You're talking about kids on here. None of our kids are perfect, but they are all still friends. Go put out a fire or something. Bye week has your brain on fire.

The positive results have a whole lot to do with getting back to what made us a threat last year. It definitely helps to get people healthy and eligible to play too. It also helps to be playing a different level of competition the past two weeks. Rubber meets the F-Road-A on Friday. We'll see if these changes are for real game changers.