Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

4 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Tough kid or not, I'm just saying that I wouldn't want a 140-pound kid running that option offense week after week. Big difference when a 180-pound kid is taking those hits versus one who is only 140.

Lol he is not 140. He's more around 155. Not saying the kid should run the ball every down if he plays or if he should even play at all. All I am saying is that he's not as fragile as you think he is. 

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Lol he is not 140. He's more around 155. Not saying the kid should run the ball every down if he plays or if he should even play at all. All I am saying is that he's not as fragile as you think he is.  

I'm not knocking the kid's ability, just making an observation. Heck, he could be bulletproof for all I know.

The media guide says 155, but come on SS. I've seen that kid play, and there's no way he tips the scales at 155, even in his pads/cleats/etc. I love our banter, but if we start seeing those numbers reported in a football program as gospel, then I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas that might interest you... :popcorneater:

12 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not knocking the kid's ability, just making an observation. Heck, he could be bulletproof for all I know.

The media guide says 155, but come on SS. I've seen that kid play, and there's no way he tips the scales at 155, even in his pads/cleats/etc. I love our banter, but if we start seeing those numbers reported in a football program as gospel, then I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas that might interest you... :popcorneater:

We will agree to disagree! 

Edited by SweetScience

23 hours ago, SweetScience said:

He's not that fragile. I watched him all year as a freshman and he ran it all year long and took some pretty hard hits. Running it may not be his 1st option, but he's very adept at running the ball. He's a tough kid. He isn't anymore smaller than Stanton Martin from AC was at that age, maybe a tad bit.

He can take a hit, seen it first hand. He is also very fast but more important, he makes good decisions. When they put him in, he made laser passes to guys, scored a TD and darn near got the team into position to at least tie the ball game...all this with less than 4 minutes on the clock and an OC who could barely get a call in on time. Hats off the kid, tough and smart.

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

He can take a hit, seen it first hand. He is also very fast but more important, he makes good decisions. When they put him in, he made laser passes to guys, scored a TD and darn near got the team into position to at least tie the ball game...all this with less than 4 minutes on the clock and an OC who could barely get a call in on time. Hats off the kid, tough and smart.

He does have deceptive speed, for sure. I agree with everything you said. 

3 hours ago, ORDT said:

I agree about the OC and how slow he is getting in the play, and then he seems to act mad that there's so little time left to run the play! So get the da*& play in sooner!!  But are there reasons for this MADNESS?

1- Since it happens EVERY play, then it must be on purpose

2- Since it's on purpose, there must be a reason or reasons

3- Could it be that the coaches want to see how the defense aligns before calling the play?

4- The OC must be slow headed because even though the play clock has gone from 25 to 40, we still need 38-39 seconds between EVERY play that we run!

5- The good news is that I don't remember many delay of game penalties

6- The bad news is that most of OR games is taken up by waiting for the play to be called (not exciting)

7- Gaddis needs to take over the play calling and the OC needs to take a large dose of epinephrine

8- Gaddis needs to let the OC continue to call the plays but inject the OC with epinephrine before each play

9- Gaddis needs to budget for a large supply of epinephrine if he keeps the current OC

10- See 1-9

Edited by bonkers

51 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I agree about the OC and how slow he is getting in the play, and then he seems to act mad that there's so little time left to run the play! So get the da*& play in sooner!!  But are there reasons for this MADNESS?

1- Since it happens EVERY play, then it must be on purpose

2- Since it's on purpose, there must be a reason or reasons

3- Could it be that the coaches want to see how the defense aligns before calling the play?

4- The OC must be slow headed because even though the play clock has gone from 25 to 40, we still need 38-39 seconds between EVERY play that we run!

5- The good news is that I don't remember many delay of game penalties

6- The bad news is that most of OR games is taken up by waiting for the play to be called (not exciting)

7- Gaddis needs to take over the play calling and the OC needs to take a large dose of epinephrine

8- Gaddis needs to let the OC continue to call the plays but inject the OC with epinephrine before each play

9- Gaddis needs to budget for a large supply of epinephrine if he keeps the current OC

10- See 1-9

Brilliant! Excellently written.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:13 PM, bonkers said:

I think a wholesale change at this time would signal "panic" to the team. Let me pick apart your post. You say in "big games" Booker makes bad decisions. Was Farragut a "big game? I say yes it was. Was it Booker's fault that he threw not one but TWO perfect passes to wide open receivers that were dropped? I would have a hard time blaming Booker for that and I would have a hard time saying he made bad decisions in that game. What beat OR versus Fulton, IMO, was some penalties that came at terrible times (not blaming the referees), the fact that our defense put NO pressure on Malone, and the fact that our offensive line didn't pick up the pressure from Fulton. Plus the fact that our so-called great secondary isn't so good after all. I don't think Booker was the problem other than he missed a couple of open receivers. The OC may be a liability but it's up to Gaddis to correct that, or take it over himself.

Told you so :-)