Central/Gibbs for 2-5A Title

dawgs82

I think this team is better than the state finalist two years ago. More balanced! Defense is bringing it, offense is dialed in and getting the job done. Our lines of scrimmage are playing good, hard-nosed football. I don't see this game making it to a running clock given the run oriented offense of Gibbs. And if Central is also able to run the ball, the game will fly by. Central 30-7

Biggest concern I have right now is the potential for rain this Friday night. Last thing we need is rain, we had a hard time catching the ball last game when we had rain(Tn High). This game will most likely be won on the ground, Gibbs has a good running game. Could be closer than expected, but we’ll get the job done. 

When OR used to play Gibbs there was an adjustment to defending the triple option, which made it a challenging game. They were pretty physical too but they had no speed at all. Central should win this one without a lot of trouble. Central's schedule will be their biggest problem (it's too soft but they can't really help it)

14 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

they beat Hardin Valley just like you all did. and lost to Fulton just like you all will. 

Just like we did last year? Lol... I'll repeat my question....has Central played any good teams this year? And since you're unwilling to answer the question, I will.....NO!

2 minutes ago, catswild said:

Just like we did last year? Lol... I'll repeat my question....has Central played any good teams this year? And since you're unwilling to answer the question, I will.....NO!

played any good teams? fulton, Hardin Valley, Tennessee and south Doyle are all good teams. you OR fans are just like Tennessee fans, thinking everyone should bow down to your championships you won in the 50s. most annoying fan base on this website. you would think the way you all keep up with your team that you would have won something meaningful in the last 30 years. 

48 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Your always confused because you are a Trailblazer fan lol I couldn’t resist. If Gibbs win it will be a 3 way tie for first.

Now now, respect for your elders!    Okay, so the title of this thread should have been Central/Gibbs/SD For The Title.     Let's see if we can unravel it.....

Aug 31  SD beat Gibbs
Oct 19   Central beat SD
Oct 26   Central vs. Gibbs

Everybody up here already has Boone playing Gibbs in round 1, but I see what you mean now, it may not happen that way.