HVA at Farragut for 1-6A Title

RebelAtHeart

How ‘bout ‘dem Admirals all you doubters? !!!  Close one against HV y’all said? 

I don’t know why everybody always seems to either strongly root against Farragut, or sell them short and not give them the respect and credit they are due for being a really good team and program.  They were by far the dominant team in Region 1. Without having been cheated by the officials in the Bearden game, they would be undefeated.  Furthermore, 7 of their 10 games were blowout wins.  It seems to me that it’s time to give some props to the Region 1 champs!

PS:  If someone hears about the status of the HV player who was carted off please update us.  It looked really bad.  Praying that it’s not nearly as bad as it looked.

Edited by FHS_Admiral
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

How ‘bout ‘dem Admirals all you doubters? !!!  Close one against HV y’all said? 

I don’t know why everybody always seems to either strongly root against Farragut, or sell them short and not give them the respect and credit they are due for being a really good team and program.  They were by far the dominant team in Region 1. Without having been cheated by the officials in the Bearden game, they would be undefeated.  Furthermore, 7 of their 10 games were blowout wins.  It seems to me that it’s time to give some props to the Region 1 champs!

PS:  If someone hears about the status of the HV player who was carted off please update us.  It looked really bad.  Praying that it’s not nearly as bad as it looked.

They rolled tonight! Fun to watch when they are playing like that. 

Farragut established Carter early, which they failed to do against Bearden, and it certainly paid dividends with play-action and the passing game.  

Corum was HUGE in this game on both sides of the ball. He nearly had a third INT that would have gone to the house after doing a tremendous job diagnosing a screen.

Really have to hand it to the Admirals offensive line... they came ready to play. 

Thoughts, prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery to the Hardin Valley player that was injured.

• Like 1

Ads showed their defensive strength by shutting down most passing options all night.  Unfortunately the play selection for the Hawks returned to uncreative and predictable.  Penalties were huge back breakers all night negating over 100 yards of big momentum plays.  HVA defense kept them within striking distance but 3 trips to the red zone with no points and 4 turnovers against a tough team spelled disaster for the Hawks. Congrats to the Guts for the district championship.  On to the next goal... beat them Owls! 

23 hours ago, FHS_Admiral said:

HVA’s #24 carted off last night is good... I think it was mainly precautionary to get him to the hospital.  Deep neck sprain or stinger and no serious damage. :thumb:

Appreciate the prayers and respect... always nerve racking when those type injuries occur.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

HVA’s #24 carted off last night is good... I think it was mainly precautionary to get him to the hospital.  Deep neck sprain or stinger and no serious damage. :thumb:

Appreciate the prayers and respect... always nerve racking when those type injuries occur.

Wonderful news! Thank you for the update!

On 10/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, Red Rebels said:

So you can't see a troll for what he is? Are you that blind? Did you see his screen name? What if some troll made a screen name that cast aspersions toward the school you support? Nobody from Blount County uses the term "North Blount County". His intent was to get some sort of reaction out of other posters. He succeeded this time. So what is your problem with other posters that support MHS? I think you can say crapper, since the flush toilet was invented by Thomas Crapper.

Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Brand

Are you so blind you can't tell when l was being sarcastic. I forgot l said something about Maryville. You all must have a button the shocks you when someone says something about Maryville. Like l said in an earlier post, l don't really have a team l support. Some l like. I think you gave me an ldea for my next screen name.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

I’m so glad to hear it wasn’t too serious!  Good luck to HVA in the playoffs!

13 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Are you so blind you can't tell when l was being sarcastic. I forgot l said something about Maryville. You all must have a button the shocks you when someone says something about Maryville. Like l said in an earlier post, l don't really have a team l support. Some l like. I think you gave me an ldea for my next screen name.

Are you so blind you can’t find the sarcastic font?

On 10/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, Former44 said:

From the perspective of a Farragut fan, I hope the Admirals decide to introduce Kyle Carter to the offensive game plan a bit earlier and more often than they did against Bearden. Farragut also had 3-and-out possessions in the second half where Carter was running strong - but got ZERO touches ; I just don't understand that. I heard someone say during the game that he had been nursing a nagging injury, however he certainly ran hard and looked great in the second half. Hopefully, the open date gave he and a couple of other key players an opportunity to get completely healthy.

I would also (still) really like to see Farragut substitute more freely on the defensive front... but I don't expect it. I don't know what I am missing, but it seems to me that the defense couldn't help but benefit from a rotation of fresh players at all D line positions, particularly in a 30 front. However, I suppose the coaches feel like a couple of those kids are better fatigued than the backups are when fresh. I am not sure why A. Johnson doesn't get more dedicated reps at Nitro... if for no other reason than to give TerHark an occasional breather. In 2016, the rotation at Nitro paid obvious dividends in the second half, especially in the playoffs.

I couldn't agree with you more ... the rotation in D is none existent and kids are gassed by the 4th... doesn't make any sense to me ...