McKenzie vs Gibson

VOLnWTN

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Averaging 26 points a game is a good thing.  GC has only topped that mark 3 times this season.  The 26 point per game average is heavily weighted by a 46 point effort against Halls and a 50 point effort against South Fulton.  Against TCA, your offense only scored one touchdown.  The other was on the opening kickoff which is questionable as runner fumbled going across the goal line. Against Peabody, your winning score was actually on an illegal double forward pass play that the official was out of position to notice.  In three of your last five games GC has scored 14 points per game.  In reality, the GC offense has struggled most of the year.  Defense carried you and with your best defensive player out for the year, it has made GC struggle as a team with 2 straight losses.  To me, McKenzie is the favorite in this game.  

Thank you for breaking that down for him. I was going to but didn't want to put the effort in to it. No matter what I say I’m wrong according to GC. 

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Averaging 26 points a game is a good thing.  GC has only topped that mark 3 times this season.  The 26 point per game average is heavily weighted by a 46 point effort against Halls and a 50 point effort against South Fulton.  Against TCA, your offense only scored one touchdown.  The other was on the opening kickoff which is questionable as runner fumbled going across the goal line. Against Peabody, your winning score was actually on an illegal double forward pass play that the official was out of position to notice.  In three of your last five games GC has scored 14 points per game.  In reality, the GC offense has struggled most of the year.  Defense carried you and with your best defensive player out for the year, it has made GC struggle as a team with 2 straight losses.  To me, McKenzie is the favorite in this game.  

Let me break this down for you then...

Peabody - 424 - 47 PPG (except that one game against Gibson County where they only scored 10 points but lost because the field was wet, the officials were terrible, got stopped on the goal line 4 times at the end of the game)

Gibson County - 234 - 26 PPG

Trinity - 209 - 23 PPG (and yes I did factor in your 42 points against Halls since it is an AVERAGE)

Union City - 194 - 21 PPG

McKenzie - 182 - 20 PPG

If the second most points out of the top 5 teams in the region of so called "slobber knocker 7-2A" is a struggling offense "for most of the year", then I'd hate to say what the offense in the rest of the region is called...

Edited by GCPioneer

6 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Peabody - 424 - 47 PPG (except that one game against Gibson County where they only scored 10 points but lost because the field was wet, the officials were terrible, got stopped on the goal line 4 times at the end of the game)

Trinity - 209 - 23 PPG (and yes I did factor in your 42 points against Halls since it is an AVERAGE)

McKenzie - 182 - 20 PPG

If the second most points out of the top 5 teams in the region of so called "slobber knocker 7-2A" is a struggling offense "for most of the year", then I'd hate to say what the offense in the rest of the region is called...

This is one of the few times that the stats become skewed & don’t tell the whole story... I don’t think it really matters how many points you scored when you still manage to drop games against UC & TCA  that put you in a spot to where you have to start the playoffs a week early... 

4 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

This is one of the few times that the stats become skewed & don’t tell the whole story... I don’t think it really matters how many points you scored when you still manage to drop games against UC & TCA  that put you in a spot to where you have to start the playoffs a week early... 

Fair enough.... but numbers don't lie.... what if I said our defense has been struggling all year based off of the assumptions you all are making about the offense? Would that not make as much sense than our offense has struggled all year?

That's not the case, just like our offense struggling "for most of the year" is not the case, but you see where I'm going with this.......

Edited by GCPioneer

5 minutes ago, volsandtitans1 said:

There is some debate about where McKenzie will finish if we beat Gibson Co.  If I am reading everything correctly, they finish 3rd.  Is there something I am missing?

If it is down to tca and Mckenzie with the same region record then it goes to head to head. 

And while I've got some spare time and on coacht...

Peabody's defense has given up 6 PPG

Gibson's defense has given up 18 PPG

Trinity's defense has given up 23 PPG

Union City's defense has given up 24 PPG

McKenzie's defense has given up 31 PPG

So if we want to continue this debate, you can say that 2 of Gibson County's 3 losses are HUGE losses... but with the McKenzie game still up for grabs, the playoffs are still a possibility... let's get this win Friday!!!

24 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

McKenzie - 182 - 20 PPG

No one at tca was boasting about their offense. Because we know the numbers are skewed. Against teams like halls. GC does not want to look at that as skewed. I will Be blunt. GC offense is not that good. Period. Sorry. I get Tired of let me paint this and that fact to dress things up. Tca is just a good team. Period. We don’t paint it any better or worse. We played GC and thumped them. Was not impressed. So for y’all to beat Peabody was a great job. But don’t think that win puts you at the top. Reitz caught heat when he questioned the quality of your opponents. But the truth is aside from Peabody subpar wins. I know This seems harsh and I am Sorry. But GC had a good first half and that’s all. If you try to depend on the same offense this week you will get beat. Coach Comer is a really good coach and will have that stoped. Better come up with another wrinkle or y’all will be bouncing basketballs again early. 

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No one at tca was boasting about their offense. Because we know the numbers are skewed. Against teams like halls. GC does not want to look at that as skewed. I will Be blunt. GC offense is not that good. Period. Sorry. I get Tired of let me paint this and that fact to dress things up. Tca is just a good team. Period. We don’t paint it any better or worse. We played GC and thumped them. Was not impressed. So for y’all to beat Peabody was a great job. But don’t think that win puts you at the top. Reitz caught heat when he questioned the quality of your opponents. But the truth is aside from Peabody subpar wins. I know This seems harsh and I am Sorry. But GC had a good first half and that’s all. If you try to depend on the same offense this week you will get beat. Coach Comer is a really good coach and will have that stoped. Better come up with another wrinkle or y’all will be bouncing basketballs again early. 

About as impressive as getting beat 50-0 with the region championship on the line then...

Edited by GCPioneer

6 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Fair enough.... but numbers don't lie.... what if I said our defense has been struggling all year based off of the assumptions you all are making about the offense? Would that not make as much sense than our offense has struggled all year?

That's not the case, just like our offense struggling "for most of the year" is not the case, but you see where I'm going with this.......

Yes it is true that numbers don’t lie, but they also don’t always show the whole picture either. I personally believe that defense is what has carried you guys through most of the season this year... After Peabody I haven’t seen the same GC team that I saw beat Trenton. I think you guys have a good shot at making the playoffs all the while McKenzie has a good shot at it as well. I’m hoping for a heck of a game as I will be listening to it & hoping for no injuries for both teams! Good luck this Friday. 

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

And while I've got some spare time and on coacht...

Peabody's defense has given up 6 PPG

Gibson's defense has given up 18 PPG

Trinity's defense has given up 23 PPG

Union City's defense has given up 24 PPG

McKenzie's defense has given up 31 PPG

So if we want to continue this debate, you can say that 2 of Gibson County's 3 losses are HUGE losses... but with the McKenzie game still up for grabs, the playoffs are still a possibility... let's get this win Friday!!!

What happened against TCA. Our third best defense against your second best offense. 1 offensive score. See how we can take one or two things and make a case for it. Better change things this week or the Rebels will beat you. 

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

About as impressive as getting beat 50-0 with the region championship on the line then....

Man sad if y’all are going to hang your hat on that one win. But hey come on over in the playoffs and I will Pay for your ticket to watch that team that got beat 50-0. Hahahahahaha