McKenzie vs Gibson

VOLnWTN

So what happened here was it was stated that Gibson County's offense has struggled for most of the year.... I posted facts (numbers) supporting my claim that this offense hasn't struggled all year, and now it has led into these side debates...

You see, football is a game of offense and defense....when your offense doesn't perform above par and your defense performs below par with these averages, you lose the game.... I.E. Trinity Christian and Union City....

Edited by GCPioneer

4 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Man sad if y’all are going to hang your hat on that one win. But hey come on over in the playoffs and I will Pay for your ticket to watch that team that got beat 50-0. Hahahahahaha

I'm all about some good playoff football, I've got other responsibilities or I would... You all have a quality team, I was just taking a jab while I had the chance...

Edited by GCPioneer

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

So what happened here was it was stated that Gibson County's offense has struggled for most of the year.... I posted facts (numbers) supporting my claim that this offense hasn't struggled all year, and now it has led into these side debates...

Football is a game of offense and defense....when your offense doesn't perform above par and your defense performs below par, you lose the game.... I.E. Trinity Christian and Union City....

Man I know. I am Glad to se GC take a big step forward. It’s just sometimes it is what is. It was just a step forward. The Peabody win is huge and can be built on. But the facts sometimes are skewed to make things a little better. Y’all have a chance Friday but Comer is not one to throw out the same thing against. Ask UC. 

Just now, BigEdMo said:

Man I know. I am Glad to se GC take a big step forward. It’s just sometimes it is what is. It was just a step forward. The Peabody win is huge and can be built on. But the facts sometimes are skewed to make things a little better. Y’all have a chance Friday but Comer is not one to throw out the same thing against. Ask UC. 

It's been a big step forward, I agree... the players and coaches have done a great job getting themselves into this position, but I would definitely hate to see us not get into the playoffs with the season that has taken place.

I said two weeks ago before McKenzie beat Union City that this game was going to be a dogfight in week 10... I hope our guys are up for the challenge and pick up maybe the biggest win in the history of the program (in terms of a playoff solidifying win in week 11) with a win over McKenzie on Friday.

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No one at tca was boasting about their offense. Because we know the numbers are skewed. Against teams like halls. GC does not want to look at that as skewed. I will Be blunt. GC offense is not that good. Period. Sorry. I get Tired of let me paint this and that fact to dress things up. Tca is just a good team. Period. We don’t paint it any better or worse. We played GC and thumped them. Was not impressed. So for y’all to beat Peabody was a great job. But don’t think that win puts you at the top. Reitz caught heat when he questioned the quality of your opponents. But the truth is aside from Peabody subpar wins. I know This seems harsh and I am Sorry. But GC had a good first half and that’s all. If you try to depend on the same offense this week you will get beat. Coach Comer is a really good coach and will have that stoped. Better come up with another wrinkle or y’all will be bouncing basketballs again early. 

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Man sad if y’all are going to hang your hat on that one win. But hey come on over in the playoffs and I will Pay for your ticket to watch that team that got beat 50-0. Hahahahahaha

I defintely agree with your first post I quoted BigEdMo. Great points all the way around. 

For the second post, I think GC has hurt themselves due to the fact that they have been celebrating the win against Peabody for the past 4 weeks now & have nothing to show for since. I think GC is a pretty good team. They are defintely better than in years past no question about it. But at this point, the arguments that a lot of GC folks are trying to make aren’t valid in the fact that they still don’t even have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.. You can say 2nd best offense this & 2nd best defense that but if you don’t even qualify for the playoffs, what does it matter? Is this game at GC? If it is, I would say I would give the advantage to them but they took their two biggest losses at home against UC & TCA... I’m just not sure what to expect. 

3 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I defintely agree with your first post I quoted BigEdMo. Great points all the way around. 

For the second post, I think GC has hurt themselves due to the fact that they have been celebrating the win against Peabody for the past 4 weeks now & have nothing to show for since. I think GC is a pretty good team. They are defintely better than in years past no question about it. But at this point, the arguments that a lot of GC folks are trying to make aren’t valid in the fact that they still don’t even have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.. You can say 2nd best offense this & 2nd best defense that but if you don’t even qualify for the playoffs, what does it matter? Is this game at GC? If it is, I would say I would give the advantage to them but they took their two biggest losses at home against UC & TCA... I’m just not sure what to expect. 

At Mckenzie. 

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

At Mckenzie. 

That will make for an interesting game. McKenzie better come ready to play because GC is eager to make the playoffs for the first time in I don’t know how long. With that being said, GC better come ready to play as well because Comer will have those McKenzie boys ready to avenge the first half of their season. 

44 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I think if they make it’ll be the first time since like 2000 and if I’m not correct on this correct if I’m wrong GC, but I think they made the playoffs that year with like a 1-9 or 2-8 record and lost to Oakhaven? 

To be honest with you man... I don't remember the last time we were in the playoffs...