1A that much better than 2A?

RocketHouse

Are the elite 1A teams head and shoulders ahead of the 2A teams this year?

Some of the polls using algorithms have 2, 3, up to 4 Single A teams ranked ahead of the highest rated Double A team.

Does a 2A team have a win over a top 5:   1A team this year? a top 10?

1A's have won multiple games where both teams were in the Top 10 at some point this year. 

Whitwell over Trousdale Co.                          Cornersville over Eagleville.               Huntingdon over Waverly

This week a highly ranked 1A Lake County takes on  a playoff bound TCA.

Edited by Salem

Just now, Salem said:

Are the elite 1A teams head and shoulders ahead of the 2A teams this year?

Some of the polls using algorithms have 2, 3, up to 4 Single A teams ranked ahead of the highest rated Double A team.

Does a 2A team, have a win over a top 5:   1A team this year? a top 10?

1A have won multiple games where both teams were in the Top 10 at some point this year. 

Whitwell over Trousdale Co.                          Cornersville over Eagleville.                                Huntingdon over Waverly

This week a highly ranked 1A Lake County takes on  a playoff bound TCA.

I really dont think so. You really dont know how good Meigs is friend. Or probably Watertown and Tyner as well for that matter. I'd like to see top 3 in 1A face top 3 in 2A. Dont think there be any blowouts but i know Meigs could play with any of them. Just my opinion

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I really dont think so. You really dont know how good Meigs is friend. Or probably Watertown and Tyner as well for that matter. I'd like to see top 3 in 1A face top 3 in 2A. Dont think there be any blowouts but i know Meigs could play with any of them. Just my opinion

I also agree,top 1A and top 2A are close.

Edited by orngnblk

6 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Greenback, Whitwell, Huntingdon and Cornersville would compete for the gold ball in 2A, but one of those 4 will win the state title in 1A, 2A arguably has 10 teams you could make a case for them getting to cookeville. 2A is much deeper.

Got about 3 teams each side in 1A that are solid contenders  

2A has about 4 teams east and about 6 teams west that are all within 14 or so points of each other on any given night. 

Agree that the top teams in 1A could compete. Greenback would probably still be favorite overall. 

32 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree. Currently, Tyner has no 1A teams on their schedule(we have 6A, 4A and 3A as non-region). Games are not won(or lost for that matter) on paper! It's only good for conversation. I think Tyner could beat any of the top 1A teams and that's my opinion!!

13 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I agree. Currently, Tyner has no 1A teams on their schedule(we have 6A, 4A and 3A as non-region). Games are not won(or lost for that matter) on paper! It's only good for conversation. I think Tyner could beat any of the top 1A teams and that's my opinion!!

Not a lot of games to compare results on.  I have an opportunity to watch lots of film and I think 2A is even or better but 1A dominated 2 of the 3 crossover games this season. Just wondering if there were any other matchups this season between elite teams.

30 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see Class 1A champ vs 2A champ.

3A champ vs 4A champ.

5A champ vs 6A champ.

We would have a true Class A, Class AA and Class AAA champ. 

Make it the week after Cookeville.

Have it in Nashville or Murfreesboro. 

Call it the Clash of the Champions.

I am all for this idea.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see Class 1A champ vs 2A champ.

3A champ vs 4A champ.

5A champ vs 6A champ.

We would have a true Class A, Class AA and Class AAA champ. 

Make it the week after Cookeville.

Have it in Nashville or Murfreesboro. 

Call it the Clash of the Champions.

You really think 3A champ vs the 4A champ would be close????