6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

1. Stone Memorial- talent plus Coach Buck

2. White County- young talent, high energy with Coach Dodgen

2a. Rhea County- Hampton will have to carry team, will miss some seniors from last year

2b. Cookeville- good returning talent, but still ???? about the coaching

3. Warren County- Return 4 starters, with Wright in post, this should be one of the better years for WC. 

• CoachT changed the title to 6AAA 2018-19
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PIONEERS12 said:

Why is Warren Co. picked last this year by coaches and media with all seniors they have?

First let me say that I do believe in the potential of the Lady Pioneers this year! And I think that they will not finish last in the district but the district is very competitive this year in my eyes and who knows. 

But if you look at the district record of the seniors for their previous 3 seasons (3-25) why would the coaches and/or the media pick them any higher? Who would you put them ahead of in the district? Personally I'd rather be picked last and then surprise and exceed expectations, and I do believe that is exactly what will happen this year!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing several of the teams play in HOF games this past month,  I like the Lady Cav's chances.   I think the district will come down to Stone/Cookeville/White County.   The speed that Cookeville and White county play at will be a nice counter to the size that that Stone has.   Rhea Co has lost ALOT.  Their  blowout loss to Clarkrange at the White County play day was an eye opener for me.   After seeing their first 8 games on their schedule, I didn't think they would win more than 1 game!  But the win at East Hamilton was big.   To me they just looked too slow and small to finish in the top 3 this year.   I also don't see Warren having enough fire power offensively but they are good at keeping the game slow and not making mistakes so they can slip up on people.  Should be a fun year in 6AAA.

7 minutes ago, summit said:

White Co playing all cupcakes so far . Stone lost all of their games . Don't get a good feel about the district yet . Stone favored by most . Slow team . Time will tell .

Stone has played quality teams (Riverdale, Bradley Central, etc), potential regional and sub state opponents-they now know what they're dealing with  come tournament time. Buck knows what he's doing .Big surprise was Rhea Co beating East Hamilton-big win for Gill!!