6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

So, I was home for the holidays.  Some family wanted to go watch Warren Co play, I wasn’t one of them but for the sake of family time, I attended.   Warren Co vs Coffee Co last night.   Lady Pioneers:  the Rains girl can score at will.   As long as any D is applied to the LP 3 pt shooter, she’s a non factor.  Wide open, maybe.  Point guard is efficient.   The D1 BIG?   Mama said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything.   I saw one good hook and a lot of no help defense.  Meaning, she was no help on defense.   I dont see what the hubbub is - looks to be coddled if I had to say.   Of course, it starts with the Coach.   They play uninspired because the coach is uninspiring.  Unmotivated because the coach is unmotivated. 45 seconds on clock, down by 7 and no fouls - let them run clock out.  They team looked hopeful at the start but played without enthusiasm like, we hope our plan works tonight? Same plan she’s had since she started coaching with much the same result.  That program needs a shot of adrenaline or they’ll risk not winning another game this season based on what I saw.   

Edited by MajorTom
Spelling
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

So, I was home for the holidays.  Some family wanted to go watch Warren Co play, I wasn’t one of them but for the sake of family time, I attended.   Warren Co vs Coffee Co last night.   Lady Pioneers:  the Rains girl can score at will.   As long as any D is applied to the LP 3 pt shooter, she’s a non factor.  Wide open, maybe.  Point guard is efficient.   The D1 BIG?   Mama said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything.   I saw one good hook and a lot of no help defense.  Meaning, she was no help on defense.   I dont see what the hubbub is - looks to be coddled if I had to say.   Of course, it starts with the Coach.   They play uninspired because the coach is uninspiring.  Unmotivated because the coach is unmotivated. 45 seconds on clock, down by 7 and no fouls - let them run clock out.  They team looked hopeful at the start but played without enthusiasm like, we hope our plan works tonight? Same plan she’s had since she started coaching with much the same result.  That program needs a shot of adrenaline or they’ll risk not winning another game this season based on what I saw.   

I agree with everything you said. Should've, Could've, Would've won over Coffee Co. which had a 15-0 in state record. (IF) the uninspired, unmotivated knew how to finish a game off.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Play 4 Fun said:

Cookeville is going to be the surprise of this district IMO. I think they shock people and win the district. Stone second, White, Rhea and Warren. I honestly don't know that Warren can beat anyone in this district this year, even with a senior laden group that has played a bunch. Stone is going to have the most overall talent probably, but the speed at which they have to play due to their size will be a tough thing to overcome if Cookeville or White can ever get the lead on them. Rhea will be competitive most always too as they showed recently witht heir win over EH. 

Great post! I believe our Cavs will shock some folks.

1 hour ago, 85warrior said:

After looking at Dekalbs schedule maybe they are better than I thought.

We haven’t beaten any GREAT teams (outside of tonight..I will say you guys are our marquee win right now) but have played with/beaten some GOOD teams and have been in every game this season. 

In my opinion, our history is causing people to sell us short. We’ve got some really special players, I think. I also think that if she keeps progressing Ferrell will be up for miss basketball in a year or two. Just my two cents. 

Edited by dctiger
Misspelling

6 hours ago, dctiger said:

We haven’t beaten any GREAT teams (outside of tonight..I will say you guys are our marquee win right now) but have played with/beaten some GOOD teams and have been in every game this season. 

In my opinion, our history is causing people to sell us short. We’ve got some really special players, I think. I also think that if she keeps progressing Ferrell will be up for miss basketball in a year or two. Just my two cents. 

Listening to the radio,where did Dekalb radio get that Sparta is ranked #3 in the state in Aaa? Sparta is not the 3rd best team in the state.

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Listening to the radio,where did Dekalb radio get that Sparta is ranked #3 in the state in Aaa? Sparta is not the 3rd best team in the state.

So true Repoman, Sparta a solid basketball team. Not the #3 ranked team in the state.  Radio man was given info by Coach Danny. Lol

God win though.