6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was at the game and I didn’t see any dominance one way or the other. Cookeville was up 5 late and White County had to foul. That’s the only reason it was a double digit win. I think WC wins in Sparta when they meet the next time. 

Dominant meaning we led entire game.  By 10+ most of second half.  They did make a couple runs and cut it to 5-6 with 3 min or so left but you don’t win by 15 unless other team is not scoring.  They couldn’t score and we made FT to close it out.  We led by 10 or more several times.  That’s dominant if you ask me but I admit I am a little biased! 

5 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Dominant meaning we led entire game.  By 10+ most of second half.  They did make a couple runs and cut it to 5-6 with 3 min or so left but you don’t win by 15 unless other team is not scoring.  They couldn’t score and we made FT to close it out.  We led by 10 or more several times.  That’s dominant if you ask me but I admit I am a little biased! 

Score was tied at halftime. WC cut it to 1 with 3:30 min to go. But who’s counting?

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

Score was tied at halftime. 

Like I said we led almost the entire game.  I don’t think they had the lead after the first 7 pts of the game.  Score was 25-15 after 1 and 31-31 at half after we scored 6 pts in 2nd quarter.  Yep that’s as close as they got.  They scored 18 pts the second half but if you don’t think that is dominant I am ok with that.   We will be ready for the game at Sparta.  I am sure they will be ready too.  But I expect the same result.  Until then we need to take care of business with Stone and Warren just around the corner.   

11 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Score was tied at halftime. WC cut it to 1 with 3:30 min to go. But who’s counting?

You are apparently 

Great win Lady Cavs!  Awesome environment for high school sports last night.  That is the one game where the Cookeville community really shows up.  Shows how fun it could be.  

The freshman for CHS really did show up last night. She had flashes of really good play.  She has a chance to be a really good player if she continues to develop her outside shot. 

8 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

You are apparently 

Great win Lady Cavs!  Awesome environment for high school sports last night.  That is the one game where the Cookeville community really shows up.  Shows how fun it could be.  

The freshman for CHS really did show up last night. She had flashes of really good play.  She has a chance to be a really good player if she continues to develop her outside shot. 

I agree it was a great atmosphere and it was the first time I actually seen warm bodies in the stands at a Cookeville basketball game.  The post player from Cookeville is tough when she is on the low block especially from the left side!

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree it was a great atmosphere and it was the first time I actually seen warm bodies in the stands at a Cookeville basketball game.  The post player from Cookeville is tough when she is on the low block especially from the left side!

lol warm bodies.  Haters gon hate.  Surprised you graced our gym with your presence last night.    Go Lady Cavs 

4 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

lol warm bodies.  Haters gon hate.  Surprised you graced our gym with your presence last night.    Go Lady Cavs 

I’m not hating at all my friend. I’ve just never understood why Cookeville doesn’t have any fans at the games. You’d think the girls and boys would get more support than they do that’s all I was trying to say. Cookeville has two pretty darn good teams and they will both be a tough out come tournament time. Good luck to the Lady Cavs and Cavs!

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, mrbasketball said:

After Cookeville result last night I might have been wrong about 3rd comment.  I will now place White County in second in district.  I do look for Cookeville to beat them at least once this year if their coach will start coaching and quit whinning about every call.  Lastly, UCSportsfan I have forgot more than most on here know, especially you......Go big blue!!!

Anyone that still uses that dang 80's term 'YERT' needs to be banned from  here! LOL