6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

Just now, LadyCavsFan said:

Not accurate on either part.  Maybe coach will let them play next year.  Heard we tried to schedule them this year but they wouldn’t play us.   Until then we can only disagree.  Now back to 6AAA. 

Please elaborate on how inaccurate I am.  When the Dunaway twins were in 8th grade Upperman beat Avery Trace twice and Avery Trace beat them twice.  They are juniors now.  None of the sophomores or freshmen beat Upperman Middle.   You are dead wrong on the Gillies trying to schedule at Upperman. 

9 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Please elaborate on how inaccurate I am.  When the Dunaway twins were in 8th grade Upperman beat Avery Trace twice and Avery Trace beat them twice.  They are juniors now.  None of the sophomores or freshmen beat Upperman Middle.   You are dead wrong on the Gillies trying to schedule at Upperman. 

Upperman wouldn't play Cookeville within single digits this year and that's a fact. They have NO ONE on their team that can guard CG Savage. She would score at will on them. I also think drastically underestimated the guards at Cookeville. They may not score as much as Hurst and Crouch do typically, but they could defend them. I have 0 doubts in my mind about that. Lets just cross reference common opponents for fun. 

Cookeville beat LA by 30. Upperman by 20. (+10 Cookeville)--by the way this game was 30 at the half. Gillies made a 3 at the buzzer to put it to 30. Was never EVER a contest and the entire bench played the second half. 

Cookeville beat Cannon by 3. Upperman beat Cannon by 9. (Upperman +6)

Hm. Interesting fact. Two schools, sitting within 10 miles of each other only play two common opponents. Wonder why Upperman doesn't play...Cookeville, White County, Lebanon, Clarkrange......I could go on. 

Bottom line is THIS YEAR (not years past, current)....THIS YEAR, Cookeville is the better team. Some strong koolaid has been drank to think otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Upperman wouldn't play Cookeville within single digits this year and that's a fact. They have NO ONE on their team that can guard CG Savage. She would score at will on them. I also think drastically underestimated the guards at Cookeville. They may not score as much as Hurst and Crouch do typically, but they could defend them. I have 0 doubts in my mind about that. Lets just cross reference common opponents for fun. 

Cookeville beat LA by 30. Upperman by 20. (+10 Cookeville)--by the way this game was 30 at the half. Gillies made a 3 at the buzzer to put it to 30. Was never EVER a contest and the entire bench played the second half. 

Cookeville beat Cannon by 3. Upperman beat Cannon by 9. (Upperman +6)

Hm. Interesting fact. Two schools, sitting within 10 miles of each other only play two common opponents. Wonder why Upperman doesn't play...Cookeville, White County, Lebanon, Clarkrange......I could go on. 

Bottom line is THIS YEAR (not years past, current)....THIS YEAR, Cookeville is the better team. Some strong koolaid has been drank to think otherwise. 

It sounds like your the one drinking koolaid! I watched Savage play, wasn’t too impressed.  Upperman guards would have her in foul trouble in the first quarter.  Then who’s going to play that they can’t stop.     I don’t care what margin chs beat another team. Upperman would beat them.   Again, not one guard on CHS could stop Hurst or Crouch.  No one on that team could stop them in middle school.  They haven’t improved that much since. 

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

My bad. Didn't realize it was 1 on 1 we were talking about. I would be willing to bet that one of the Dunaway twins could guard one of them. And they couldn't stop them in middle school...seriously...you mean when CHS talent was divided among 3 schools....GREAT ARGUMENT!! 

Hurst and Crouch are both good players. Very good players. The fact that the only college committed kid on EITHER team didn't impress you doesn't really blow my mind considering the argument that you're trying to make. However, I am certain it is clear that you know more than most college coaches...so let's just go with what you think. Upperman would definitely win should they meet.....so let's hope they reach out to CHS about scheduling that game next year. OF COURSE we all know that will NEVER happen....FOR OBVIOUS reasons. Kinda hard to convince people Upperman should be their choice when Cookeville beats them...only way to keep that from happening isssss.........you guessed it. Don't schedule...

3 minutes ago, Play 4 Fun said:

My bad. Didn't realize it was 1 on 1 we were talking about. I would be willing to bet that one of the Dunaway twins could guard one of them. And they couldn't stop them in middle school...seriously...you mean when CHS talent was divided among 3 schools....GREAT ARGUMENT!! 

Hurst and Crouch are both good players. Very good players. The fact that the only college committed kid on EITHER team didn't impress you doesn't really blow my mind considering the argument that you're trying to make. However, I am certain it is clear that you know more than most college coaches...so let's just go with what you think. Upperman would definitely win should they meet.....so let's hope they reach out to CHS about scheduling that game next year. OF COURSE we all know that will NEVER happen....FOR OBVIOUS reasons. Kinda hard to convince people Upperman should be their choice when Cookeville beats them...only way to keep that from happening isssss.........you guessed it. Don't schedule...

The twins couldn’t a couple of years ago.  Yes, I’m sure they have improved as have Hurst and Crouch.  What 3 schools are you talking about?  Other than Savage and the kid from Jackson county CHS varsity is all old Avery Trace players. 

32 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Very surprised that Cookeville lost to Rhea County. Rhea has struggled this year. 

I was also surprised.  But, Rhea just played Stone Memorial to one point Friday... so that must not be all that bad.   A dad on the team told me that Rhea's best player made 19 free throws against us.  That'll hurt anybody's chances. 

Upperman won't schedule and never would schedule CHS in basketball.  Its a shame too, that could be a really fun rivalry, especially now that the two seem to be "competing" for the talent in cookeville feeder schools. 

46 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Very surprised that Cookeville lost to Rhea County. Rhea has struggled this year. 

It was a game we shouldn't have lost for sure.  You would have had to have been there to understand.  We missed like 14 FT and they made 22-30.   It was a strange game.  I don't remember the exact number but I think Rhea made like 16 FG total for the game.  

I will say this.  Rhea has struggled more because of who they have played instead of how they have played.   Maryville, Ensworth, Riverdale, East Hamilton, Cumberland County, Houston, Stone, etc.  Thats probably the toughest non district schedule in our district.  They beat Ensworth and East Hamilton and recently lost to Stone by 1.