6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

11 hours ago, 85warrior said:

We have Crossville tonight first. I'm sure Cookevilles coaches will probably be at White County tonight. Hahaha.

Yep. Then a biggie on Tuesday.

Tonight we honor one of TWO best players to ever play in this District. The other being White County's Kellie Jolly.

I am sure they will be but maybe not.  They have seen them 3-4 times now and we don’t have a player like Dishman so it probably wouldn’t help much.  

I was just telling my kids about Kellie Jolly last time we were at White  County.  Wish I could have saw that.  

One of our parents told me that its looking like the game will get moved to Monday.  Hopefully the weather won’t ruin the crowd or environment.

White Co played worst game of the season . Turned it over time after time . Most were unforced . Wildest team at times i've ever seen . Cumberland Co was ready to play . If we play as bad As tonight against Cookeville , it will be no game . Our girls need to talk to their self about being patient and smarter making passes . Time will tell .

7 minutes ago, summit said:

White Co played worst game of the season . Turned it over time after time . Most were unforced . Wildest team at times i've ever seen . Cumberland Co was ready to play . If we play as bad As tonight against Cookeville , it will be no game . Our girls need to talk to their self about being patient and smarter making passes . Time will tell .

CC applies more pressure than anyone in our district.  And Dishman is one of the best players in the entire state.  It will be hard for us to duplicate that.  I do think we will win but it will be a close game.  If we can force turnovers the way we did in Cookeville and the shot selection for WC is the same as it was last meeting, then it will be a long night for WC.  But I expect them to play better this game.  I think whoever wins this game will win district.

Warren Co LP’s need a regime change.  31 points against Stone and a freshman scores like 8 of those.  Enemic offense.  No defense.   1 and done in tourney.    Family says Coach P has had this group since middle school.  Suppose to be the successful culmination of all she is.   ZERO not Shero.   

Edited by MajorTom

On 1/26/2019 at 10:38 PM, summit said:

It's also frustrating to watch one player that kept turning the ball over just stand there and won't get back on defense.

It won't surprise me if both teams win Tuesday night. It won't surprise me if both teams lose Tuesday night.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, MajorTom said:

Warren Co LP’s need a regime change.  31 points against Stone and a freshman scores like 8 of those.  Enemic offense.  No defense.   1 and done in tourney.    Family says Coach P has had this group since middle school.  Suppose to be the successful culmination of all she is.   ZERO not Shero.   

I am no Warren County fan but if you think the coach is the only reason they are losing you are wrong.  Its much more than that!  The talent gap this year is HUGE!    They are losing right now because the teams they are playing have more talented players.

Is that going to change soon?  How are the middle school teams in WC?   The AAU teams like Triple Threat are not top level teams.  I think AAU development is where it starts.   When those players start developing individual skills over the summer, the teams in the fall will be better.  Just my opinion from someone on the outside looking in.  

2 hours ago, myteamsonthefloor said:

What will the atmosphere be like tonight? 

Game is on for tonight!   Atmosphere will be crazy as always.   Hopefully both student sections show up in full force like they normally do.    The opposing teams student section is usually as large as the home team.  Best HS rivalry in the Upper Cumberland.   It will get rowdy.   The chants are usually PG-13 or R rated at some times.   But  the games should be great because neither team wants to lose to the other.  Doesn't matter if it is first or last place they hate losing this game.   Since this game is potentially for 1st place I expect it to be even louder!   If you haven't been to a Cookeville vs Sparta game you need to come out witness it in person.   

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Game is on for tonight!   Atmosphere will be crazy as always.   Hopefully both student sections show up in full force like they normally do.    The opposing teams student section is usually as large as the home team.  Best HS rivalry in the Upper Cumberland.   It will get rowdy.   The chants are usually PG-13 or R rated at some times.   But  the games should be great because neither team wants to lose to the other.  Doesn't matter if it is first or last place they hate losing this game.   Since this game is potentially for 1st place I expect it to be even louder!   If you haven't been to a Cookeville vs Sparta game you need to come out witness it in person.   

Rated R chants(pg13 either) aren't allowed on the White County side. If we ever used a chant with the word "sucks" in a chant our Principal, Athletic Director, etc. would be up in the student section immediately. I'm not saying a student might not say something rude outside the gym, but it's not allowed inside the gym.