6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

I’d submit the name Rankin.    A hometown boy run out of coaching in Warren and goes on to win about a million state championships.   I’d also submit names like Marino, Ted Williams, Ewing, Bailey....loads of talent that never won the big one.   Coaches are fired all the time at every level with plenty of talent on respective teams.  Maybe in 6AAA there is more talent but I’d submit her over all record over her tenure as justification.  It’s the mindset there in Warren and it starts at the top.   She can’t coach defense and she can’t mold leaders and she can’t get them past being a 10 game win season in the last 5 years.  What team or fan base in any sport in any decade would be ok with a 500 season year in and year out without a coaching change.   Certainly not Cookeville.   Triple threat is hers and some other Cookeville coach.   The younger T threat is coached by high schoolers or recently graduated appointed by her.   My niece said there is a Gold Basketball AAU State Championship basketball in 6AAA made up of Warren/White/Cookeville/Crossville and coached by an outsider.   Hmmmm.