6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

On 2/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, summit said:

White Co loses third straight game . Played 3 good teams , but can,t lose at home . We scored 74 points tonight and lost . Defense can not give up 81 and hope to win . Starting point quard should be back next week . Hope we can stop this skid . Defense wins !!!!

I'm glad it wasn't her shooting wrist that was broken. Hopefully she'll be good to go this week. 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:04 AM, MajorTom said:

I’d submit the name Rankin.    A hometown boy run out of coaching in Warren and goes on to win about a million state championships.   I’d also submit names like Marino, Ted Williams, Ewing, Bailey....loads of talent that never won the big one.   Coaches are fired all the time at every level with plenty of talent on respective teams.  Maybe in 6AAA there is more talent but I’d submit her over all record over her tenure as justification.  It’s the mindset there in Warren and it starts at the top.   She can’t coach defense and she can’t mold leaders and she can’t get them past being a 10 game win season in the last 5 years.  What team or fan base in any sport in any decade would be ok with a 500 season year in and year out without a coaching change.   Certainly not Cookeville.   Triple threat is hers and some other Cookeville coach.   The younger T threat is coached by high schoolers or recently graduated appointed by her.   My niece said there is a Gold Basketball AAU State Championship basketball in 6AAA made up of Warren/White/Cookeville/Crossville and coached by an outsider.   Hmmmm.   

Supposed to be in training to be the AD next year.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, MajorTom said:

I’d submit the name Rankin.    A hometown boy run out of coaching in Warren and goes on to win about a million state championships.   I’d also submit names like Marino, Ted Williams, Ewing, Bailey....loads of talent that never won the big one.   Coaches are fired all the time at every level with plenty of talent on respective teams.  Maybe in 6AAA there is more talent but I’d submit her over all record over her tenure as justification.  It’s the mindset there in Warren and it starts at the top.   She can’t coach defense and she can’t mold leaders and she can’t get them past being a 10 game win season in the last 5 years.  What team or fan base in any sport in any decade would be ok with a 500 season year in and year out without a coaching change.   Certainly not Cookeville.   Triple threat is hers and some other Cookeville coach.   The younger T threat is coached by high schoolers or recently graduated appointed by her.   My niece said there is a Gold Basketball AAU State Championship basketball in 6AAA made up of Warren/White/Cookeville/Crossville and coached by an outsider.   Hmmmm.   

Rankin is a Smith County boy from Carthage.  Only connection to Warren County is he was an assistant football Coach and married a female from there.  While I would agree he was 'run out of there', it is not my place to say WHY on here.

White Co loses for the fourth straight game , 72 to 48 . We are going down at the wrong time . Our half court trap is leaving someone wide open . Rhea Co could beat us one way , shooting the three . They must have hit 15 or more . We need to play man to man defense . Trap is hurting us right now . Guarding the three is the easiest defense there is . Rhea Co beat us shooting the three . No excuse for that . Time for our team to regroup . Warriorette fan all my life . Every player and coach needs to take a good look at their self . Every player and coach needs to take some credit for our bad play . We have to get better or our tournament life will be short . Go Warriorettes .

8 hours ago, summit said:

White Co loses for the fourth straight game , 72 to 48 . We are going down at the wrong time . Our half court trap is leaving someone wide open . Rhea Co could beat us one way , shooting the three . They must have hit 15 or more . We need to play man to man defense . Trap is hurting us right now . Guarding the three is the easiest defense there is . Rhea Co beat us shooting the three . No excuse for that . Time for our team to regroup . Warriorette fan all my life . Every player and coach needs to take a good look at their self . Every player and coach needs to take some credit for our bad play . We have to get better or our tournament life will be short . Go Warriorettes .

I believe that loss puts WC in 3rd or 4th depending on Cookeville vs Stone game on Friday.    Either way they appear to be headed for matchup vs Cookeville in district tournament.  Cookeville win on Friday gives Rhea tie breaker vs WC and Rhea is 3rd.   Cookeville loss Friday gives WC tie breaker over Rhea and WC is 3rd.

Rhea beat Cookeville in a similar way.  They had 4FG that were not 3s.  And Hampton went off for 30.  I don’t think anyone in the district can guard her in man D.  She is the best player in the district by far.  

I think my previous post could be slightly incorrect.  I need to rethink the tie breakers now.  The Rhea county win now changes the tiebreaker for 1&2 and 3&4.   No idea what the next tie breaker is.  Assuming the first two tie breakers are head to head and then record vs. next highest ranked team, there would be no way to determine either 1 or 2 until you know 2 or 3.  And same is said for 2 or 3.  You can’t break that tie without know 1 or 2.   For sure Cookeville and Stone can’t finish lower than 2.    Anyone know the tie breakers used?  I hope it isn’t going to be a coin toss!  

On 1/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, mrbasketball said:

White County be lucky to finish 3rd in district, much less third best team in state.  I am not knocking them either.  They have won some big games early.

Hmmmm. ..may have been on to something long time ago.  I do believe when they get point back they be much better.  However, all those cupcake wins early really showing up now.

• Like 1

White county's schedule was way too easy to be ranked as high as they were early on.  It  was basically a AA schedule with some losing AAA times before they made it to district play.    Count the number of wins by WC vs AAA and then subtract the teams without a winning record and you will be surprised.   I am not saying they aren't good but their record didn't reflect a AAA schedule.   They are a solid team but when they started playing equally talented teams they have struggled.  I think that is because they were not tested most of the early season.   I still think they are on the same level as Cookeville/Stone but the early record was drastically inflated.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

Head to Head is the first tie breaker then it goes to record against #1 seed and goes down the line. 

That’s the way I thought also.   So if Cookeville wins at home vs stone,  that leaves both teams tied with two losses and  a 1-1 head to head matchup.  3&4 are tied and 5 is winless.  Cookeville split with Rhea and swept WC.  Stone split with WC and swept Rhea. And both teams swept Warren.  That’s a virtual tie.  What is next tiebreaker?  

Of course none of this matters if we play like we have the past 3 games.  But if we play like we have the majority of the season the I think we beat Stone at home.

Edited by LadyCavsFan