6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

14 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

Both of those wins they were without their starting point guard. Sparta beat CHS by 19  at the Christmas tournament before she was injured.  

They did in fact beat CHS by 19 for the Sonic shootout trophy.   We beat them in the two games that counted.  And they for sure play better with her on the court.   They have less turnovers with her in control.   We have a better overall team and it will show on Friday.    She played during the blow out loss to Rhea right?  Or no? 

9 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They did in fact beat CHS by 19 for the Sonic shootout trophy.   We beat them in the two games that counted.  And they for sure play better with her on the court.   They have less turnovers with her in control.   We have a better overall team and it will show on Friday.    She played during the blow out loss to Rhea right?  Or no? 

I think that was her first game back.  I’m sure she was struggling to get back in the swing of things.  They must be playing better now.  They beat WC by 30+.  What was the final score of WC vs Cookeville? 

2 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

I think that was her first game back.  I’m sure she was struggling to get back in the swing of things.  They must be playing better now.  They beat WC by 30+.  What was the final score of WC vs Cookeville? 

No idea to be honest but it was probably double digits at home and around 25 or so at Warren.   I don't usually keep track on how bad we beat teams.    But I can assure you that nobody came close to beating us by 30.  Now stop trolling and trying to throw shade on CHS.   Head back over to 8AA and worry about how your team is going to beat Macon and CC.   

9 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No idea to be honest but it was probably double digits at home and around 25 or so at Warren.   I don't usually keep track on how bad we beat teams.    But I can assure you that nobody came close to beating us by 30.  Now stop trolling and trying to throw shade on CHS.   Head back over to 8AA and worry about how your team is going to beat Macon and CC.   

Lol!  According to the Lady Cavs Facebook page it was 46-37!  I’m not throwing shade at anyone.  I’m just stating the facts.  Sparta beat chs by a large margin before their point guard was injured.  Believe it or not I hope Cookeville wins and I cheer for them when I can watch.   I’m not like some other local people who find joy in watching Upperman get beat and cheer for the opposing team.  

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Result....WC Finished tied for 3/4th.  

Based on past predictions of UCSF in this district,  its officially a lock!  :D Thanks UC,  I was on the fence for my prediction before that post but now I have to go with the Cookeville sweep.   Break out the brooms.   This one won't be pretty.  Cookeville not only wins....its gonna be by a couple touchdowns.   

Homer

1 hour ago, Lakers1977 said:

Lol!  According to the Lady Cavs Facebook page it was 46-37!  I’m not throwing shade at anyone.  I’m just stating the facts.  Sparta beat chs by a large margin before their point guard was injured.  Believe it or not I hope Cookeville wins and I cheer for them when I can watch.   I’m not like some other local people who find joy in watching Upperman get beat and cheer for the opposing team.  

Well that isn't me.  I don't root for other teams vs Upperman.   I like watching them play.  I go to several of their games each year.  And I have watched them play in the finals the past two seasons.  I actually like alot of the players on that team.   There is no way we beat them the last 2 seasons.   This year they are vulnerable but very talented.

About the scores, 9pts was close to double digits.   I was guessing on the score.   I don't remember either one being a close game.   You made me go look at the other one too.  It was 22 pts @ Warren.   So I guess I missed both.  We did get beat by Sparta by 19 pts  in the shootout and I gave them props then.  We then beat them twice in a row.   We can compare losses but that really doesn't prove anything.  For example we beat a Lebanon team by 23 who lost to RIVERDALE by 3 at Riverdale.   Does that mean we could beat Riverdale by 20?  No.  I am realistic.  I have seen WC play in person 5-6 times this year and I have watched several games on Hudl.  I feel that we have better players at most positions and a MUCH deeper bench.   If we play like we did at the Sparta shootout then yeah they beat us.  If we play like we did at EITHER of the other two games then we win by double digits.  I am not saying that because I am from Cookeville.  That is because I have seen both teams play numerous times.  I have also seen Cookeville beat Dickson County, Blackman (weekend before first game), Oakland, Cleveland (twice), Station Camp, Lebanon, etc.   The schedules are not even close.  Like I said previously..Friday night.....the basketball don't lie.    If they beat us I will be the first one on here to compliment them.  I doubt others will do the same.

• Like 1

So I actually didn’t realize Rankin wasn’t originally from Mville.   I left when I was younger and came back after he left and I was still young and not paying much attention to my surroundings.    I remember He was just spoken of and regarded very highly.  Point being Warren Co runs the same.   From politics to HS sports.   The main point being nobody on this thread would tolerate a record like the current LP coach.  Talent? She’s had these girls since they could drinble, Not to mention the talent that team has had over her tenure.   She’s defeated.  She had her shot.   Bottom line, she’s never gonna be better than a mediocre head coach and heaven forbid the future AD.   

On 1/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, MajorTom said:

This is not meant to be critical of the coach or the team, just an observation. Warren Co only defeated 2 AAA schools this year, Smyrna, who went winless all season and Tullahoma who avenged that loss with their rematch later in the season. Hopefully this coach or the next coach can right the ship.