6AAA 2018-19

PIONEERS12

8 hours ago, summit said:

Bradley Co not as good as their fans think . 6AAA teams can play with Bradley . Stone showed that . 

A few teams in 6AAA could definitely run with Bradley.  But Bradley and East Hamilton have matchup problems for all the teams in 6AAA except Stone.    The rest of the teams would have problems stopping their best players.  It’s a size/speed problem as both teams have tall athletic posts that are really good with the ball.   I think there are better guards in 6AAA but better posts in the other district.   It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  

1 hour ago, 85warrior said:

It's been a while since I've seen such parity in this District. The team that finished 4th in the district tourney beat #1 and #2. That rarely(if ever)happens. The #3 team beat #2 and lost by only one point to the #1 team. There is very little difference between 1 thru 4. 

Jason Reuter just said the same thing on the radio. He said White County will be toughest #4 seed to play against him in his 9 years of coaching (& 9 years of facing #4 seed). 

He said there wasn’t any difference in 2-4 over there & thought Stone was probably the best but mentioned that White co beat Stone this year as well.

Honestly, all 4 games could go either way. It would be a bigger surprise for McMinn County to win up there than for White Co to beat Bradley, but no result will totally shock me. 

White Co girls lose again . Just don't understand why we can't guard anybody . We have  girls that should be able to guard . Effort on defense not there . We are so much better than we are playing . Hope coach can make it happen . Bradley coach said best 4 seed he's ever played . If we don't turn it around , it could be bad . 1 and 7 last 8 games , what is going on ? 

30 minutes ago, summit said:

White Co girls lose again . Just don't understand why we can't guard anybody . We have  girls that should be able to guard . Effort on defense not there . We are so much better than we are playing . Hope coach can make it happen . Bradley coach said best 4 seed he's ever played . If we don't turn it around , it could be bad . 1 and 7 last 8 games , what is going on ? 

Watch the game, u r playin 4 on 5 ,when opposing team drives or shoots u have one sometimes two snow birding  for easy points on other end. You can do that against lesser competition early in the year but once teams get seasoned it don't work so well.

Edited by repoman

So is the whole region tournament at Bradley now since they won district tournament or just the first round? 

Coffee county could upset Riverdale as could Tullahoma upsetting blackman. East Hamilton played great defense to ight and have Bradley a run for their money. If they can beat rhea county then they get Bradley in a do or die game at Bradley Monday night . I think the McMinn stone winner plays Bradley for a chance to host a sweet 16 game in sectional game. Had McMinn not had a bad 3rd quarter they'd be playin in Cookeville instead of stone memorial. I don't see either of Cleveland or Cookeville beating stone or mcminn. Out of the 8 teams though Bradley has the best defense, deepest bench, and one of the best 1-2 punch post players in the area with Anna walker and Alexis barnes. If stone can shoot great and keep Bradley from scoring down low, they have a chance but Bradley having home court is a yuge advantage. 

6 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So is the whole region tournament at Bradley now since they won district tournament or just the first round? 

Coffee county could upset Riverdale as could Tullahoma upsetting blackman. East Hamilton played great defense to ight and have Bradley a run for their money. If they can beat rhea county then they get Bradley in a do or die game at Bradley Monday night . I think the McMinn stone winner plays Bradley for a chance to host a sweet 16 game in sectional game. Had McMinn not had a bad 3rd quarter they'd be playin in Cookeville instead of stone memorial. I don't see either of Cleveland or Cookeville beating stone or mcminn. Out of the 8 teams though Bradley has the best defense, deepest bench, and one of the best 1-2 punch post players in the area with Anna walker and Alexis barnes. If stone can shoot great and keep Bradley from scoring down low, they have a chance but Bradley having home court is a yuge advantage. 

The regional games will be at Bradley after first round.   I have seen all of the teams in both regions play.   Bradley definitely has the toughest bracket.  Cookeville has given stone all they wanted all 3 games they have played especially last night.  White county isn’t playing well but they have some ballers.  I expect WC to make a game of it.  But Bradley’s pressure could force WC into too many turnovers and blow them out.  Cookeville has beaten Cleveland twice this year.  I think we are playing well enough to make it 3 in a row.  Similar size teams but Cookeville has a deeper bench.   I believe it will be Cookeville vs Bradley in next round.

On other side of bracket.  Stone should handle Mcminn with their size advantage.  I don’t see how this is too close.  Stone is playing great and just too big.   East Hamilton vs Rhea puzzles me.  How did Rhea win that game earlier this year?  I think Hayes scores 30 and Hampton scores 30.  If Rhea shoots the 3 like they did last night this will be a game. Ultimately,  I think 14 is just too good for a team as small as Rhea.  EH should win.    Stone vs EH will be a battle of the bigs.   Should be a close game.

Brackets here

http://brackets.jim314.com/

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Coffee County isn't going to beat Riverdale.

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

The regional games will be at Bradley after first round.   I have seen all of the teams in both regions play.   Bradley definitely has the toughest bracket.  Cookeville has given stone all they wanted all 3 games they have played especially last night.  White county isn’t playing well but they have some ballers.  I expect WC to make a game of it.  But Bradley’s pressure could force WC into too many turnovers and blow them out.  Cookeville has beaten Cleveland twice this year.  I think we are playing well enough to make it 3 in a row.  Similar size teams but Cookeville has a deeper bench.   I believe it will be Cookeville vs Bradley in next round.

On other side of bracket.  Stone should handle Mcminn with their size advantage.  I don’t see how this is too close.  Stone is playing great and just too big.   East Hamilton vs Rhea puzzles me.  How did Rhea win that game earlier this year?  I think Hayes scores 30 and Hampton scores 30.  If Rhea shoots the 3 like they did last night this will be a game. Ultimately,  I think 14 is just too good for a team as small as Rhea.  EH should win.    Stone vs EH will be a battle of the bigs.   Should be a close game.

Brackets here

http://brackets.jim314.com/

Beating Bradley at Bradley is going to take a tremendous effort.  They're a good (not great) team anyway, but they average about 10 more free-throw attempts at home versus their opponents.
I think Bradley, Cookeville, Stone, and East Hamilton survives to the quarterfinals - with the only chance of it being different is Rhea beating East Hamilton.  

Edited by blitzinbuc

18 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Beating Bradley at Bradley is going to take a tremendous effort.  They're a good (not great) team anyway, but they average about 10 more free-throw attempts at home versus their opponents.
I think Bradley, Cookeville, Stone, and East Hamilton survives to the quarterfinals - with the only chance of it being different is Rhea beating East Hamilton.  

Wont be local refs though,  right?